New to myfitnesspal! Any girls in their early 20's - Motivat

Options
Hey everyone. I'm new to this, so I don't really know how it works. Any girls in their early 20's that have any advice, information, stories that can help motivate me, let me know. Thanks :)

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm 26. 27 next month. All I can say is don't blink. I was 22 five minutes ago. XD

Welcome!
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey lukasmama,

I'm 26 and i am new to this site as well. I heard about it from a friend who has lost 20lbs in 8 weeks! Love hearing about how ppl succeed in their weight loss journey. I have tried many things, but always seem to not succeed :/ so hoping this helps. Hope you succeed in all your goals!

Good luck!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 21. Add me if you like. I'd love to have new friends and help you along with this!
  • latinahada
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm 26...I've been on the site for a while, but in the lat 2 weeks got motivated and serious about weight loss and becoming a healthier me. I love the site, it is a great tool! Good luck! Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20. [:
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well I am right in the middle at age 25 :)
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, just turned such on the 12th of this month.

The only advice I have is that this is a life change, not a diet or a quick fix, rather you want to gain or lose. You have to change your relationship with your body as well as with food. You have to pay more attention to how you feel, how you react, what you eat, what emotions you feel along the way, but it is all worth it and I think it is relatively easy. Takes me a few minutes a day to say "Hey, I am gonna eat this this and this, and in these portions, and that leaves room for a dessert!" Also, there is no amount of exercise that can fix bad eating habits, so make sure you have a good foundation for a healthy body before you start hitting any weights. I ate good for 4 months before I decided to finally start moving, because I didn't want to kick myself too far over the cliff before I got a foot hold.

And it takes some time, so don't kick yourself if it isnt magical. We didn't get like this overnight, we can't change overnight either.

One more tip, moderation. I let myself have a few treats every so often, a burger, some fries, a scoop of ice cream. It keeps me sane and the next day I can get back on the bandwagon. I figure if I tell myself no enough, I'll just rebel.

Good luck, and feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm only 19 but turning 20 in march? Do I qualify?

PS our starting and goal weights are very similar so hope you do not mind me adding you :)
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hiya! I'm 25, also a mom! feel free to add me! =)
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just turned 23. If you ever need a friend, add me :)

I've lost 11lbs in the first month that I joined this site. It's simple, you track your calories, put in your excercise and you'll see results IF you eat healthy and excercise.

Dont get discouraged if the weight doesnt immediately fall off. It takes time :D

I'm here if you ever need some support!
  • hiddensunshine
    Options
    I'm 25! Feel free to add me too. =)
  • kirstyj1
    kirstyj1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi there just joined today a friend advised me to try it im 24 feel free to add me anyone :) hoping this works for me
  • neryberry88
    Options
    Hey I'm 23 and ive just joined today too :-) I hope some of you wont mind me adding you! I could really use some support and would be happy to cheer on any other people too! :-)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm 24! Welcome to MFP! This place is amazing, I've managed to shed 2 stone in 3 months!