Mom of 3

Options
I Need some help on ways to workout at home.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You can find tons of free workout videos online... those are always great. Invest in a jump rope, hula- hoop, trampoline and some free weights. Go for walks and run around with your kids! Turn on the music and dance. Anything that gets you moving! :D
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    HI
    Do you have stairs? Wii? XBox? weights?? let me know what you have and I will brainstorm.:love: That is IF you want me too.....lol
    :happy:
  • AmyBlu12
    AmyBlu12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor (polar ft4) and I simply put some music on and dance in the living room with my kids. I don't stop! If you need to break up a fight (lol), help someone pee, or even put away the dishes, just keep moving and keep your heart rate up.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
  • RachelH25
    RachelH25 Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm a mom of one but I know how hard it can be to find the time. I usually only have 30 mins a day. Plus I'm broke so cheap it great. I love the Jillian Micheals DVDs. Only $10 and you get in a hard workout with strength and cardio in just 30 mins. Plus 30 day shred and ripped in 30 have more then one workout and each dvd.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There are lots of floor exercises you can do while watching tv! Don't have weights? Try doing tricep extensions or bicep curls with a big bottle of ketchup from the pantry! Use your couch to brace yourself while doing dips! Pull out a chair and step up and down off it, or do lunges around the house. Take those kiddos to the local highschool on the weekends or evenings when school is out and let them play while you run or walk around the track. Add me and we can help eachother :)
  • lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2, and I agree about the Jillian Michaels videos. I finished 30 Day Shred and am on week 2 of Ripped in 30. The workouts are only 25-30 minutes long and are excellent!!! 30 Day Shred has 3 levels and Ripped in 30 has 4. These other ideas to workout with your kids sound great as well- fun!! Blessings to you on your weight loss journey!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of three also and I use Jillian Michaels dvds---30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and I also have Jackie Warner's abs video. I take the kids for walks and sometimes we play the Wii together. They love Wii Fit.