free exercises that burn calories quick!

whats your secrets for burning cals!

the most helpful upto now for me hasnt entirely been free however, the one off purchase of a hula hoop has helped me greatly

80-100cals per 10 mins! GREAT & EASY WORK OUT.

i would love to hear your ideas#!

Replies

• meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    running. best free workout you can get.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    my secret is getting off the couch and not half-assing it.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    hi aims,

is that just a normal hula-hoop like the type kids play with?!

and do i have to do anything special or jiust keep moving and make sure it doesnt fall down?
  • aims94
    aims94 Posts: 20
    hi aims,

is that just a normal hula-hoop like the type kids play with?!

and do i have to do anything special or jiust keep moving and make sure it doesnt fall down?

yes just a regular hoop one big enough for yourself, and yes just as normal.. it works wonders on the hips too!!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    swimming.......free if you live by the sea lol.....otherwise only a small fee at the pool.Its fantastic allround burner.Gives you pluses on stamina strength and suppleness and it doesnt hurt your joints because of your buoyancy.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    I have a membership to the YMCA and so I go run on the treadmill or ride the stationary bike there, but this morning I just went for a walk through my neighborhood, that's always free.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    "Free exercise?" Meaning one you don't pay for? Pretty much anything that jacks up the HR and produces sweat can be considered exercise. Jumping is a naturally free movement; i.e., jumping rope, jumping jacks, jumping on a trampoline, jumping fences, jumping topics...
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    if hula hooping burns that many calories, then It's time for me to invest in a hula hoop!! =)
  • Switching to a stand up desk.
  • I burned 80 calories running up and down my stairs (7 steps) in 5 min.
  • youtube actually has a lot of work-out videos- dance, aerobic, yoga, strengthening, all free
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    youtube actually has a lot of work-out videos- dance, aerobic, yoga, strengthening, all free

Thats a really great idea!
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    my secret is getting off the couch and not half-assing it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    When doing my circuit training two things that really get my heart rate up are jumping jacks...and High Knees! Get your knees up to horizontal, and keep it fast...soon gets the heart going!
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    *On Demand workouts (including 30ds) all free
    *parking far away and walking to the store
    *walking anywhere
    *dancing in my living room - do this all the time!
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    You could always go outside and play......thats free. Take up running.
  • Cleaning the house, it is a good workout and you feel extra good afterward because your house is clean.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    I walk and walk and walk with the dog and its made a massive difference . . .actually more often than not I'm dragged everywhere and break out into a run to keep up with him!! :bigsmile:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    jump rope and burpees.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    What's a burpee???

I walk and do aerobics in my living room while watching tv!!!! :)