c25k???

Options
Is this really the best way to start a running program. I love running, but haven't done it sooooo many years I definitely need a slow way to start.

Thanks

Replies

• XiaoRuRu
    Options
    I have never been a runner. Ever ever. Got started on this and now I think I can do it. Day 1 Week 1 really busted my butt for about two weeks before I could actually finish, but now I'm starting week 2 and am very confidant.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I used it and I think it's a great program. They also use it as a part of the local running club I belong to for the beginners group and they've had great successes. In June 2010 I used the program, then went on to run 3 half marathons in the past year just by gradually increasing my mileage and I was a huge couch potato for years prior to the program. Because of it, I'll be running half marathon #4 in two weeks! Good Luck!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I just started last week after not running for about 15 years. The first workout was very difficult. The second was not quite as bad. I was supposed to do the third yesterday but was out of town. Hopefully I can do it today. I think it does work because it is meant to build up endurance.
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you Faeriegirl74. And we're about the same weight so that's reassuring to hear.

Thanks!!
  • landlwoof
    Options
    So I'm getting the message that it works but expect the first week to really keep me suckin' air - lol
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    what is c25k? I want to run my weight off! I just don't have much endurance. I can run for about 20-30 seconds with out stoping but that's it! And then I have to walk for about 2-3 mins before I can run a little more! :(
  • landlwoof
    Options
    chris1529............it's short for 'couch to 5 Kilometres'. If you type it into a search engine you'll get the full program for it. It has it's own website, I just don't know what it is right now.
    Good luck!!!!
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on week 8....I feel like this program has help me get into running. I was NEVER EVER a runner. So this is a HUGE accomplishment for me. I just signed up for my first 5k on Thanksgiving day. So I have a month to get prepared. Good luck
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Husband and I started and completed it last year Fall 2010...LOVED IT! I definitely recommend...and this is coming from people who were not or ever runners. It is very tough in the beginning but gets easier..go for it and good luck :happy:
  • oharabears
    Options
    You can also download podcasts that take you through each workout--I loved it 'cause I didn't have to worry about timing the run and walk segments--the voice on the podcast tells you when to run and when to walk!
  • oharabears
    Options
    You can also download podcasts that take you through each workout--I loved it 'cause I didn't have to worry about timing the run and walk segments--the voice on the podcast tells you when to run and when to walk!