Help please :-)

Hey there, Im 23 and was wondering if there are any people who wouldnt mind acting as a bit of a motivator for me! Id be very, very happy to do the same! I just think if i finally want to lose the weight having a bunch of friends to do it with would be great! I have to admit Im a bit of a binge eater, so anyone who can help with that would be amazing too! :-)

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP! Binge eating is difficult to deal with, but you can work through it. I'm not a binge eater, but I do have serious self-control issues. Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other! :D
  • Hi, I am Keba this is my second time trying to lose 90 to 100 pounds. It was much harder before I started using this tracking system. I have lost a few pounds, but I cannot figure out why my blood sugar is increasing. I ate less than 1000 calories yesterday because I was busy. Good luck to you. I day at a time, it does work.
  • I was a binge eater in high school. For me, it was easier to deal with the discomfort of an over-stuffed stomach than the discomfort of the emotions I was experiencing. When you feel the need to binge, try closing you eyes and asking yourself why. Try being present with whatever you might be feeling, and then try to pamper yourself in some other way. Maybe you are sad, maybe a good cry would be more beneficial than food. Maybe you are angry, maybe punching a pillow would be more beneficial than food. Emotions want to be acknowledged, and will not likely leave you alone unless you deal with them. I hope that helps. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I was a binge eater in high school. For me, it was easier to deal with the discomfort of an over-stuffed stomach than the discomfort of the emotions I was experiencing. When you feel the need to binge, try closing you eyes and asking yourself why. Try being present with whatever you might be feeling, and then try to pamper yourself in some other way. Maybe you are sad, maybe a good cry would be more beneficial than food. Maybe you are angry, maybe punching a pillow would be more beneficial than food. Emotions want to be acknowledged, and will not likely leave you alone unless you deal with them. I hope that helps. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

^YES!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    I don't think I can help too much with the binge eating. BUT I can say that for me, the few things that have helped me eat normally is one, taking a bite and putting my fork or spoon or whatever down and swallowing before taking another one, two, taking 20 minutes to eat anything, and three, peeking at the clock and making sure that I take at least one whole minute or even two to completely finish a bite. I also drink two cups of water while I am eating, and all of this makes me feel really full by the time I finish a portion. Don't know if that helps but I'd definitely be here to be a motivator!