New motivation

Options
I am Cindy I just joing to myfitnesspal this week and I am so please to find out how easy is to get track of my meals. I allways tought that I did not eat that much until I started to record my food intake. I am a single mother and with all the stress that I live with, I needed a new motivation to lose weight. I been doing kickboxing for 8 months now and althoug I gained muscleand I had lost 10 lbs. I felt very dessapointed. I hope I can keep this motivation until I get to my goal.:) :)

Replies

• kevnick2011
    Options
    it's amazing when you learn the calories of certain things, shocking actually. I never would have guessed that a starbucks scone is 430 calories. Thats insane....... good luck
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. I have found MFP to be a great asset too. I am so glad my friends recommended it to me. I too was shocked to see just how much I was actually eating when I started keeping track. I am glad I have been able to adjust it.
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    glad you have joined here this is a really good site to be on if you would like to add me as a friend for motivation your more than welcome i am a single mum to and i can relate to you with the stress side of it so here hoping we can help each other :smile:
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You will do great because of all the muscle. The more you have the easier it is.Also, age plays an important part. I am 60, so it has been a slow go, but this sis a great site. You will get support and make friends. My only advice is to log in daily.

Good Luck. :smile:
  • lucyliar
    lucyliar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i totally share ur feeling. as i am also a single mother of two kids and with stressful job........sometimes it is so difficult to find the time to do excercises but we can all share our feeling in this site, and create our emotional backup which can be used anytime we are feeling low. Good luck and hope u continue good work.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    dig deep within yourself to find the necessary motivation. try the activity in my will power blog below.
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    MarlaChandlerBarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy! I just joined last week and I agree this program does make it easy! Welcome and there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask! I'm here to support and be supported :)