want to say hello I'm girlsew

Options
I joined in May but have not revisited this site until today, October 23rd. I have chosen to walk as much as possible but I am experiencing alot of pain in my calfs. Don't know if this is normal. It makes walking not alot of fun. Also, I have NEVER posted anything, anywhere and hope I'm doing this right. I'm computer stupid. HELP!!

Replies

• kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If you have not walked in a while, you might get shin splints, with time they go away. You can try some stretching exercises too. Also, are your walking shoes new? I was experiencing problems that were related to the fact that my shoes were over a year old.

Welcome!!!
  • sharitod
    Options
    Hi Girlsew

Your post came through perfect - welcome!

I cant answer your question about painful calves - surely it would depend on your weight, medical issues, amount of physical activity you normally do, correct footwear, etc

I walk a lot - but if I change my trainers (usually wear tone-ups) to boots or shoes - I can really feel it imy calves the nexr day.

Good luck on your goal and the fact that you are moving and taking part in your fitness is great.

Kind regards

Sharitod
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I would agree--stretching out periodically during the day should help. Shin splints do go away after a time, and I got them from exercising on floor that gave alot. Try changing up your shoes and give your calves a good warm-up before and cool-down after.

You'll get there! :)