old favourites- calorie shock!

Options
Maggieq87
Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
What is one thing you used to LOVE that, when you started counting calories, made your jaw drop?

I found out that my favorite drink at Starbucks is 660 calories. I had one every day for 2 years. I havent touched one since and NEVER will again.

Replies

• ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Some Triscuits are 20 cal a piece.
  • mamagrubbs
    Options
    oh starbucks frappes and slurpees i used to have them everyday too! now i know about calories and sugars!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    iced lattes and these breakfast omelets i love, found out there's 30g of fat in them!
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I found out those "salads" I ordered from California Pizza Kitchen had 1500+ calories...and that was before the added chicken and extra dressing I liked to get with them...

NEVER again!
  • BlinkyWinky
    Options
    Starbucks was my downfall as well. I used to love Venti Mochas......WOW! Now when i have the urge for coffee...it's a tall skinny vanilla latte for 90 calories. And I really don't miss the others!

I also used to drink straight Coke. Double WOW! Now, I try really hard not to drink soda at all but on those days when I can't help it I love Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • Maggieq87
    Options
    1500 calorie SALAD?!?!?!?!? Good Lord!!
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    uh, almost EVERYTHING! My biggest Starbucks shocker was one of my fav winter go-to drinks: white peppermint mocha. Even getting a tall w/ nonfat milk and no whip it was STILL 320 calories! what!
  • Maggieq87
    Options
    Starbucks was my downfall as well. I used to love Venti Mochas......WOW! Now when i have the urge for coffee...it's a tall skinny vanilla latte for 90 calories. And I really don't miss the others!

I also used to drink straight Coke. Double WOW! Now, I try really hard not to drink soda at all but on those days when I can't help it I love Diet Dr. Pepper.

Dr Pepper Zero is my dirty little secret! YUM
  • RomesMommy
    RomesMommy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chicken Alfredo, i knew it was high, but didnt realize it was "a whole day worth of cals" high. Now i make healthier versions at less than 1/2 the calories! :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    My Chipotle burrito and a side of chips came to almost 2000 calories... that was a lovely surprise...
  • Maggieq87
    Options
    uh, almost EVERYTHING! My biggest Starbucks shocker was one of my fav winter go-to drinks: white peppermint mocha. Even getting a tall w/ nonfat milk and no whip it was STILL 320 calories! what!

That's my 660 calorie drink! Venti peppermint white chocolate mocha. Hot or cold depending on the weather :)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Chicken Alfredo, i knew it was high, but didnt realize it was "a whole day worth of cals" high. Now i make healthier versions at less than 1/2 the calories! :)
    yea id go with the chicken alfredo too :P
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lindt Choclate balls at almost 100 cals each, I used to have 15 or so of them at a time.
  • Danilindsmom
    Danilindsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Sorry, this was me...I some how ended up on my daughters name! Love Dt. Dr. Pepper!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Döner Kebap. A whooping 770 calories. BUT, it is also a huge meal. More like two, really...I used to have one at least once a week.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    pizza. even though i just ate 1000 calories worth of pizza haha. whatever ;P

or mike's hard lemonade =[ !!! 220 :,(
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chips. I used to sit and eat half a bag - that's like 1500 calories!!!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Crunch bagels from Panera - 440 calories each, and the caramel frappees from mcdonalds - 450 for a small
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used to eat at Baja Fresh, thinking that the food was fresh & healthier than other Mexican grills. Then, I looked up the nutritional value on my favorites & discovered there's nothing healthy there. And don't get me started on the portion sizes! OMG!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I know this seems so obvious, but I guess I was in denial of how bad it was. For a while I used to buy Poutine for lunch 3-4 days a week. The small serving I had was about 850 calories, and then sometimes I'd have a soda on top of that. Yeesh. Now it's a treat every once in a while (haven't had it in several months, maybe I'm due for it again! =3)