Silly Citizens of Humanity Jean Question...

Options
So, I have always SO badly wanted a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans but I could never fit in them, not even close. SO for the past 3 months I have been going in and trying on the largest size they have at this shop near my work- 32. 3 months ago I could not even get them up or zipped!! Friday I went in and VIOLA!!!! They fit me like a GLOVE!!! I almost cried ! LOL!!! They really looked good!

So, I still want to lose about 30 more pounds. These were going to be my grand prize when I reached goal. But part of me is thinking why not treat myself for being half way there??? I never dreamed I could fit in the largest size and not be at my goal! Now, I do not have any "extra" money to do this! LOL But so?? I was thinking maybe I could sell them on ebay when I buy my final goal size. I have been looking on ebay for a pair now but don't see the same Amber style.

What do you think??? I should just wait, right?? More motivation to get there! I am actually kinda thinking my final size might be 30s but I have no idea.

Opinions.

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If it'll keep you motivated-get them now. If it'll make you less motivated cuz you can wear them before your final goal then don't get them.
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    Well done you!!! Doesn't it feel great?:happy:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If it'll keep you motivated-get them now. If it'll make you less motivated cuz you can wear them before your final goal then don't get them.

this.

also, can you get them tailored when you lose the last 30?
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Thanks Leanne.. YESSSSSS! It feels really great!

I am not sure about the motivated vs. unmotivated part!! I am really motivated so I don't think it matters. I more wondering how long before they look too big.

I actually DID buy a pair of $15 Limited jeans at marshalls bc all my others were way too big!! Size 10! I put all my size 14 jeans in a pile and bringing them to consignment shop! BYE BYE FOREVER 14s!!
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options

this.

also, can you get them tailored when you lose the last 30?

Oh! I hadn't thought of that!!! I could at least get them tailored half way through if they start to get way too big! Good idea.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hell yes buy them!!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I will preface this with saying that I've never been a "name brand" person - so perhaps I don't understand... but here's my opinion for what it's worth:

You said that you don't have any "extra" money to do this... so, my advice would be not to get them. There have been several studies that show a correlation between debt, financial concerns and obesity. http://tracy-rose.suite101.com/debt-causes-weight-gain-a138664 (that's one). Unless I had the money put aside to buy them - I wouldn't. Perhaps you should start "paying" yourself for every pound that you lose... and then when you reach your goal weight - you can take that money and go buy your jeans in the size that you've earned?

It's much easier to put away $5-$20 at a time than it is to have spent $150 and wish that you had that money back so that you can afford to buy good quality food... instead of the cheap junk.

That's not to take away from your accomplishments though! You're doing great and I'm so excited for you that you were able to fit in the jeans that you love! Keep up the great work!!!
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A couple of ways to approach this decision. First, was the goal you set for yourself for the jeans because you could never fit into them and now you can, or because you absolutely loved them, they look better than any jeans you've ever worn before, and you'll wear them to death? And is the price ($150 or so, if I recall from buying them for my daughter when she was in high school) worth what you'll get from them? Do they look and fit better on you than other brands, or is it just the brand that you've always aspired to own/wear?

I ask because one of my daughters was exceptionally brand conscious in high school and even if the clothes didn't look as good on her as others, she'd go for the high end brand. Now, at the grand old age of 21, and being exposed to a much broader group of people/friends, some of whom didn't even know the brands she was wearing, she has decided it makes more sense to wear what looks good and fits well, even if it isn't Joe's Jeans, or Citizens for Humanity, or whatever.

So there isn't any right or wrong answer. If the jeans fit great, you'll wear them a lot, and maybe you can bring them to resale after you've "undergrown" them, buy them. However, now that you know you can fit into them, maybe your choice is to not buy them because from this point forward, you can buy them when you want to.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them! They're going to be loose on you in like a month and it's not worth it to tailor jeans. Just wait until your "final" size, jeans like this should last a long time so you should get the right size!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Double post, not sure why!

Don't buy them! They're going to be loose on you in like a month and it's not worth it to tailor jeans. Just wait until your "final" size, jeans like this should last a long time so you should get the right size!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yeah, since you say you don't really have the money for them and the size you buy now won't really fit you when you reach your goal (tailoring can only do so much) I'd wait. I have a pair of Rock and Republic jeans in my closet that I bought about 4 months back and have never been able to wear. They're a size 27 and I'm about a 30 right now...lol. I got them on sale so it made sense to get them then.
  • yummummum
    Options
    So excited i just had to update! Ha!

I just ordered a pair in my current size off of ebay! They were $31.50 with the shipping! I don't have a great pair of jeans in my size now so I kinda needed them :)

I just hope they fit ok!! I have tried them on in the store.

I am so excited!! I hope they come quickly!!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Perfect solution! Cause you can sell them when you are done!

Congratulations!

And I like the suggestion of setting aside money for every pound for the next pair!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was going to say buy them. I spent $140.00 on a pair of Rock Republic jeans and I totally want them to be too big eventually. But they felt SO good on. They are my first pair of expensive jeans..........my daughter has been wearing them for years. I think it shows on my face how good I think I look when I wear them.
  • yummummum
    Options
    SO WEIRD.... I went to Marden's today, an overstock/warehouse store and they had Rock Republic and 7 for all Mankind jeans for 19.99 !!! Now, I have another pair! I couldn't pass it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!