Slimquick~ What do you think about diet pills

Options
So, the past month I have tried to lose weight but I haven't even managed to lose one pound. I have become very frustrated and now, I am thinking about going back to taking the Slim quick diet pills. They worked for me in the past so I think I might try them again. What are your thoughts about diet pills. Thanks for the help:)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i think most OTC diet pills don't do much at all. there are a few ingredients in some OTC ones i'm intrigued with but haven't messed with them yet.
  • I have never tried Slimquick but I have tried Hydroxycut...it worked for me for the first month or two. I like taking diet pills for a boost. When I got serious about loosing weight I talked to my Dr and he prescribed me Adipex which is amazing! I have lost over 60 lbs since March!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    just looked at the label, not a well put together supp, it's a prop blend so impossible to tell the dosages, but it is most likely 200ishmg of caffeine and 200mg of green tea and a bunch of other stuff thrown in there at minute amounts. the uva ursi in the pill is an herbal diuretic. the caffeine and green tea have been shown to be beneficial to weight loss, but the green tea is most likely woefully underdoesed here
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I have tried so many things....ahhhh! But this is the first time I have actually counted every calorie I put in my mouth and it is working. I don't like the idea of pills. Too many people have cardiac problems as a result. Be super careful if you go that route but I definitely would not recommend it. Good luck no matter what you do!:glasses:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i used lipozene before, and it worked, but then i stopped taking them, so i gained it back..of course, this was wwell before i started eating right, or working out..i use it still on occasions, and i got new stuff today, fat burner green tea pills, but i will only be using them to get me past the times im am plateauing..most people will be fully against it, but i say if it works, and you still have a healthy lifestyle, do as you want..good luck
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favour and stay far away from diet pills!! I tried Hydroxycut when I was like 20 or so and stopped when it came out that it damages your liver and was being banned in Canada! (not sure if they came out with new products or not because I still see other Hydroxycut products out there!). Your body will thank you if you check out Body by Vi! Absolutely AMAZING stuff and it is actually GOOD for you unlike the horrible diet pills! I have been doing it a month and despite what my ticker says (I haven't been checking in on here) I am down nearly 15lbs already!! and I FEEEEEEL soooo good! I don't know what else to say! It is just honestly everything!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Looking at your photo, you look thin to me. You must not have much weight to lose and that's why it is taking longer. Plus, you probably exercise a lot which builds muscle which weighs heavier than fat. You may have to see your results thru measurements instead of pounds.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have tried Fatblaster tabs here in Australia and have lost 15 kgs with it but gained weight as soon as i stopped. Doing the exercise during and after the weight loss program (as most will do a 3 month suggestion) will help you to maintain but don't just rely on the pills themselves as i think the whole idea is to increase your motabilism and unless you upkeep the fitness, your fat burning will stop when you stop the pills. Try to think of a whole fitness lifestyle change rather than the quick fix as most quick fixes come back when you stop. I am trying fatblaster again but the big difference this time is i am exercising as well and the weight loss is quicker but I hope to maintain at the end of the 12 weeks. Best of luck, i haven't used Slimquick so what ever you decide, keep us updated on your journey for support and motivation hey. Cheers Louisa.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i don't think about them often.... for the long haul, they really aren't sustainable. i say save your money.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If you used them before and they worked you wouldn't be back here. It's a temporary fix.

You're better off taking it off slow and steady - in a sustainable manner.

:flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on them.

First: they're only a temporary solution. They don't work in the long term.

Secondly: the side effects. A friend took them once. He didn't sleep for 2 days, then stopped taking the pills. When he stopped he crashed and burned. He was walking around like a zombie on sedatives because of the lack of sleep.

Stay away from them and be patient with trying to lose weight.
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Slimquick for about a month now. It really helps get me going for my workouts, which is why I'm losing weight. Diet pills are only there to help you put in the work, not do the work themselves. As long as you know that and have a healthy heart I don't see the harm in them.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If you used them before and they worked you wouldn't be back here. It's a temporary fix.

You're better off taking it off slow and steady - in a sustainable manner.

:flowerforyou:

Yup.