CHECK OUT MY FOOD DIARY !!!

Options
Hey people, my food diary is completely public, was just wondering if people could check it out and give me some feedback... ?

Last 5-6 days are the days to look at because that is what I think I can sustain and they seem to be healthy to me, but obvs would be good to know what others think.
I think the reason I am doing this is because I am right at the beginning of the weight loss process - I haven't lost any weight yet so I am not sure what works, therefore affirmation / constructive criticism of what I am eating will help me be confident that I can actually do it :)

Cheers guys.

(this is the link just in case you can't see it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/phiddy23 )

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Everything looks good to me! :) I'm no expert, but from what I can see all the levels of everything are fine. My only question would be how much potassium are you getting? A nice lady on here informed me recently that potassium is important for processing sodium properly - and I did some research online too. You should get 2x the amount of potassium as you are getting sodium.
  • dsc32209
    dsc32209 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean (the original one) for breakfast. It has 140 cal and 13 g protein. I am diabetic so the protein is very important for me but I also believe it is for everyone.
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I mis-read 1 of your diary days and thought you had chocolate sauce with chicken :sick:

Your diary entries seem to be good - I think you will soon see some great weight loss :happy:
  • phiddy23
    phiddy23 Posts: 103
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean (the original one) for breakfast. It has 140 cal and 13 g protein. I am diabetic so the protein is very important for me but I also believe it is for everyone.

A bit stupid but what exactly is that? Nutritionally sounds really good but no idea what it actually is haha.
  • Beezil
    Options
    It is a breakfast cereal I believe :) I think it just came out too - supposed to have more or as much protein as an egg?
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    All looks good to me but you do need to drink more water!! I didn't notice if you had done any excersise though so if you aren't try and add something in! Even if it is just a ten min walk or something!!
  • natanyxx
    Options
    I think your entries look good, but I noticed there were some days where you didn't log any water comsumption. It seems to me that water is very important; if I don't drink enough water I don't see much weight loss. So my advice would be to make sure you get enough water each day. Keep up the great work!
  • phiddy23
    Options
    Everything looks good to me! :) I'm no expert, but from what I can see all the levels of everything are fine. My only question would be how much potassium are you getting? A nice lady on here informed me recently that potassium is important for processing sodium properly - and I did some research online too. You should get 2x the amount of potassium as you are getting sodium.

Hmmm my potassium is OK but not fantastic.... I know bananas have a lot of potassium but what else can I eat? Also bearing in mind that I am aiming for low (to medium) carb and high protein. Thanks :)
  • Beezil
    Options
    It is hard to find good sources of potassium with low carb levels, but I would recommend lima beans. It's the best source I've found that's easy to get a hold of - and cheap! I know they're not great tasting to most people, but if you're just trying to get more potassium they're great for it. 1/4 cup dried lima beans is about 600mg of potassium. :) I'm making some now actually - and I'm gonna put some homemade spicy honey mustard on them for flavor. I would avoid canned/frozen lima beans though.
  • phiddy23
    Options
    Thanks guys, have seen a couple of mentions of water, sometimes I forget to log it but I do generally get about 5-8 glasses a day so should be OK. I think exercise is my main obstacle. Most days I go for an hour long brisk walk and I will probably be going to the gym at least twice a week... but I think I need to start increasing this and also do some weights, I'm scared to by all the scary muscley men in their thirties at my local gym haha
  • phiddy23
    Options
    Bumping this again :)

Need some advice people.... here's my stats, I'm 5ft 7, weight approx. 161lb and I would love to be a UK size 8-10 (currently 12-14) which means about 20-30lb overall weight loss hopefully by next feb.

So if people could check out my diary and maybe give me some advice it would be lovely... I'm currently walking 1.5hours every morning apart from days where I work because I do 6+ hours where I am on my feet. I don't log any of this though as I am on the 'light exercise' category. Also go to the gym maybe twice a week and do weights a few times a week too.

I guess I just feel really un-motivated at the moment and completely hate my body image - aka my MASSIVE thighs and HUGE belly - and how red my face gets when I exercise, I think I eat relatively well although I am starting to give in when offered food (like today I ate some bread and butter pudding, waaah)

Anyway yeah so if anyone wants to join in and maybe share tips and advice on how to improve my / each other's food diary feel free :) Don't worry about offending me I need the truth haha.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

A bit stupid but what exactly is that? Nutritionally sounds really good but no idea what it actually is haha.

Delcious, delicious cereal. A serving is actually more like what you would eat if you ate cereal (some servings are as small as half a cup and huge amounts of sugar and cals). It also has protein on its own before milk, so great with some unsweetened almond milk!
  • phiddy23
    Options

Delcious, delicious cereal. A serving is actually more like what you would eat if you ate cereal (some servings are as small as half a cup and huge amounts of sugar and cals). It also has protein on its own before milk, so great with some unsweetened almond milk!

Thanks :) Only problem is I live in England and I'm not sure if it's available here... Also what is the sugar level like (not a fan of really sweet breakfasts haha)? Although I guess I could always mix it with my alpen or yoghurt or something if I do find it to make my breakfast slightly less sugary.
  • phiddy23
    Options
    bump :)