Prison TV Shows

Options
Anyone else out there obsessed with watching shows about prison? Its like a train wreck. I cant help but watch. I really love it when they interview someone and they are covered in tats on their face. I sit there and think "what in the hell made them think this looks cool?"

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    er...not really, no. but it does hold a deep fascination for me..read LOTS and LOTS about Alcatraz and it's history,etc and even met former inmates and guards.
  • txdistancerider
    Options
    i watch them every now and then as it is fascinating how the prison has a whole culture all it's own...plus watching their problems always seem to make mine seem not so bad!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Like Locked Down? I like them, mostly because I took two classes (anthropology and sociology) that focused on prison reform.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't care for them much. After working in a jail and courtroom, I've seen it all first hand.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I just got my Masters in the Forensic Psychology field. So I like watching it.
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love cop shows and prison shows....guess it is the criminal justice degree rearing its head! Lol....but yeah especially cop shows...first 48...that is the best.

I am a huge prison break fan!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I like the one about people who are married to prisoners. It's pretty sick on my part, but they make me laugh.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I watch some of them and dream......"Oh...How I wish the jail I work at was more like that" :devil:

But I do find them facinating......and funny...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    They're too disturbing for me, especially the ones that are actual footage. The ones that are on tv for drama series are too real for me, too. BUT, one of my favorite movies is The Last Castle. Does that count?
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Not really a prison show, but Las Vegas Jailhouse on TruTV. Hilarous. I love when they bust out the chair and spithood.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i am intrigued as well by the women that marry men in prison. its so taboo to me.