New to myfitnesspal

Hello everyone!

Losing weight has always been a struggle for me, I was what you would call a "professional dieter".My highest weight was 241lbs. Last year I decided to join Weight Watchers, when I joined I was 212 lbs (had lost some but not enough for my 5'2" frame). I got down to 158 lbs & stopped going to Weight Watchers, I gained 13 lbs, yesterday I rejoined Weight Watchers and weighed in at 170 lbs. My goal weight is 145 lbs, this time I am going to get to that goal. I have 25 lbs to go, So far my total Weight lost is 71 lbs. My friend told me to join fitnesspal to share and hear other inspirational stories.

I am serious about my weight loss, this is not a game but a life style that I have now taken on.

Replies

• thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Congratulations and good luck! You'll find a lot of support and motivation on this website!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Hello. Welcome to MFP! This is a great forum! Everyone is so helpful! Good luck on your journey :)
  • Awesome! I have been in kind of the same situation. Way to get back on it!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
    You can do it! Stay Positive!
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Hi, and welcome, I can understand what you mean about being a professional dieter. I am also 5'2" (yes I round up *grin*) my highest weight was about 215 and lowest was 120. So I fully understand, when I started here I was at 170 as well, and I am taking my time and taking off the weight the right way this time. This is a great place for support.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck!
  • Good luck! You've taken the first step and message boards are always a great support.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Instead of being here and at WW only until you reach goal... think of it as a lifestyle change. I lost weight at WW but after I reached goal I didn't go back... I not only regained all the weight but much more. I had reached lifetime status which means that I don't ever have to pay a sign up charge... but I do have to pay if I weigh in and am over 2 lbs above my goal weight. So I would encourage you to keep going to WW at least once a month after you've reached your goal weight and lifetime status. I sure wish I had.

Good luck to you - I know you can do it!