Not losing...

Options
Its been over a month now, I have tried to stick to my guns and have walked every other day, sometimes every day, I hardly sit which is new compared to my job I have had doing call center work for the last 7 years and so far, I havent lost a single pound...I really need some motivation, horribly need it cause Im losing the faith in myself

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Your body adjusts to activities and caloric intake very quickly, which leads you to maintain. Try to switch up your workouts, do things you've never tried before. Also, go over your calories some days and stay under others. This helps your metabolism stay efficient. Eating more than it is used to every once in a while gives it a swift kick in the rear; just make sure not to do it every day. Feel free to message me with any questions or add me for support. Good luck, I know you can do this!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've hit a plateau as well, and I know the feeling sucks. I have noticed even though the scale isn't moving, I'm still losing inches. I also feel great in new sizes of clothes. Just keep striving for the light at the end of the tunnel, you'll get there soon enough. Enjoy the journey! : )
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    don't give up..I had been losing a pound a week and lost 30..that was 9 weeks ago..the scale is not budging much. BUT...I had measured myself. Even when the scale wasn't moving I lost an additional 4.5 inches. I haven't measured myself lately..but I do know the jeans are not fitting better. But I still am not giving up. I walk at least 10 miles per week and work out with weights. You can do it...you are worth it!! Good Luck! Add me if you would like to.
  • mjac1998
    Options
    I feel your pain.. I was in the same boat, so I started excersing more and longer and lost 3lbs in a week. I figured i might not be loosing lbs but inches and toning is good!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Would need to see your food diary. Get a tape measure and use it because sometimes you do lose inches even though your weight doesn't change.
  • Judyann5
    Options
    I am not losing either. But the inches are coming off. I know I cheat too much and do not enter it in my dairy. I am only hurting myself. But I will keep trying and you must keep trying too. We will win this battle.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    You probably need to increase or change the workout that you are doing. Once your body has figured out what you're up to it figures out how to stop burning as many calories. Crafty little bugger. Try doing some intervals of jogging and walking, I pretty much guarantee you'll start seeing results again.
  • sweetyJ
    sweetyJ Posts: 25
    Options
    Don't blame yourself. It is counterproductive. You should measure to see if there are inches loss. My scale doesn't budge much, but I definitely lose inches on my belly (although I think my thighs are more muscular). But regardless, muscles burn more. You can do it! =) Don't give up!
  • benderfam4
    Options
    Thanks all, keep those motivational thoughts coming in for me!!! It helps so much, I guess I hadnt thought about the inches. I havent measured myself that way at all. Hmmm, guess I will be doing something like that this evening and start tracking that way too, may help me stay a float...I could do more work out, but being a full time mom, finding time to walk is hard enough...I will have to push more if I really want it I guess...
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    every other month seems to be that way for me..our bodies function in weird ways..keep at it, and like someone said switch up your food and workout routines..best of luck, add me if you like :smile: :drinker:
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It's going to be alright. The worst you can do in this situation is give up. You aren't gaining any so you must be something right LOL, okay... on a more serious note try to change up your workout maybe walk at a faster pace, jog a mile walk a mile, and if your up to try running. And like everyone has been saying start measuring yourself. I loos about a inch or 1/2 of an inch per week. It makes me grin when the scale goes up and my inches are going down, it's only muscle :flowerforyou:
  • sandyw1482000
    Options
    Shovav's advice is very valuable.

Keep reminding yourself that you are beautiful, that Rome was not built in one day or thirty for that matter... It took a while for you to get to the point where you said ' thats enough, I am gonna change" and it will also take time to get to where you want to be. All genuine things do. STICK IN THERE... you know that if you give up now you would feel worse off...You have it in you to go the distance. It not always easy to be lovingly patient with ourselves. We are all learning right :)

Our bodies learn our new habits pretty quickly and doing things differently to shock it is a good idea. I found that if I do only one kind of cardio for a certain period of time, I tend to stay at the same weight.. but by challenging myself with say, squats, or lunges, or maybe some weights, my body gets that proverbial kick in the butt, and things shake up a bit. Like some have said, you may not necessarily see differences in the scale, but you may feel it in your clothes. The scales are erratic at best, but you remain true to yourself, and don't give up. This is a good thing you are doing. Really, it is. Keep believing that ok.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Look into a book called The 17 day diet. Simply making and has helped me soo much. It's not really a diet but a life style change and puts you thru 4 different cycles. You are restricted to what you eatin the first 3 cycles but not soo much that you are ever hungry. You get to add foods in during cycles 2 and 3 that you could not have in the prior cycle and then the 4 th cycle is maintenance if you are to where you want otherwise you continue on. The cycles are 17 days each. Basically high protein low carb. Check it out!
  • sandyw1482000
    Options
    I am also a full time mummy. Workouts at the park are the BOMB! While the kids play... jog around them, grab the monkey bars and do your thing on them.. Go on the swings,... engaging your core while you swing , and you feel great. While you push them on the swing, squat down and then up again. Girl. we gotta make this thing work for us IN our daily situation. I had the mindset of waiting to go to the gym to do my workouts.. now I am learning that anywhere I am, I can do a little something.