Skiing NSV

Options
Snowbunny95
Snowbunny95 Posts: 47 Member
Today, I was able to wear my smaller North Face pants I bought on a trip near a year ago. Back in July, I had shoulder surgery that just made me L A Z Y through the rest of the summer. Too hot, too sore, didn't wanna do anything (my summer passion is cycling). Needless to say when it came time for the ski sales during Labor Day weekend, I tried on my snow pants I'd bought near the middle of the previous season and I couldn't button them let alone even get them together! So yet again, I felt, I bought another larger size pair of snow pants - not bad on price and pretty comfy, but still back up to XL!

Last night, I tried on my Large pants I bought before and they FIT! Not only did they fit, but when we went skiing this morning, I had to tighten the velcro on the sides as they were a little loose! Doing this gave me the courage to actually try the double-diamond run I've always been scared of! I've been able to do the blue bump run and sometimes the black bump run, but this time I did the double-diamond bump run. Yes, I fell a couple times, but it was nowhere NEAR as hard to stand back up!

I feel my balance returning and my pants fitting!

Already started to notice some of my cycling shorts getting a little loose around the waist....

Thanks MFP!!!

Replies

• LoveMyLiv
    LoveMyLiv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hope to buy womens sizes in ski apparel next season instead of mens! This is one of my goals and I think I will make it!
  • 70kilo
    70kilo Posts: 34
    Options
    I hope to buy womens sizes in ski apparel next season instead of mens! This is one of my goals and I think I will make it!

That's my NSV too! I don't think I will make it this year, just started my new healthy life style. But it will definitely be next year!
  • meredithd13
    Options
    ugh. there's nothing worse than tight ski pants. especially when you fall over. mine were snug in august when i skiied in New Zealand, and i wish i'd done MFP before i went on that trip! i think they'd fit much better now, after just a few pounds.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to get past the fact that you went skiing today. We are still at least 6 weeks out here in the NE.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!