how come i can't see it?

Options
When I look in the mirror I see everything the same as 28 lbs ago. Only in pictures can I sort of see a difference. But then I think it's probably just the angle of the camera or something. How come I can't see my progress?

tumblr_ltji0litaN1qg43cko1_500.jpg

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm the same way with myself----but I can definitely see a difference in your pictures!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm the same way with myself----but I can definitely see a difference in your pictures!
  • ariel3561
    ariel3561 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look at yourself every day so your mind has adjusted to every pound you've lost. I can really see the difference in the photos you posted.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Haha I know what you mean. It's because you look in the mirror everyday. If you went 9from months without looking at yourself your jaw would drop. There's a big difference. Great work so far.
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm not sure why it is, but I can say I'm the same way. I notice my clothes fitting differently and certain pictures I can see a huge difference, but looking at most pictures and in the mirror I still see the old me. I have to remind myself of the other ways I've noticed the progress I've made and that I'm healthier than I've been in years! Just keep up the hard work and I'm sure one day we will both wake up and see how beautiful we truly are!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    there is a noticeable difference in your pics, I feel the same way though. looking at myself in the mirror I feel I look the same, but when I see someone that I have not seen in a while they say that I look like I have lost a lot of weight.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You ae doing great! Definitely there is a difference in your hips and waist!
  • allierae14
    Options
    Use your photos as a reference. I also don't always notice a difference in the mirror but seeing photos helps. Maybe tape some before photos to your mirror to help remind you of the amazing progress you have made!
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. No matter how much I lose I always feel like I'm the big girl. Have always felt that way about myself so I don't know exactly what to do. The only thing that helps me is when I look @ the #, measurements, pant size and other solid measures then I know there is a change even if I don't see it. You look great by the way:-)
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your face, also like you said the angles sort of make it hard to tell..

I can't see any difference in myself and I've lost 40 so :D haha :(
  • fancydancyme
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your photos. Have you been taking measurements? I need to do that... I'm a BEFORE right now since I just started my weight loss journey. I'm sure your clothes fit differently and I bet you feel healthier and have more energy. Many years ago I lost 30 lbs and I went by what I felt, not by how I thought I looked. I was much thinner back then and when I reached my goal I knew it and couldn't help but smile when I looked in the mirror - but I still was critical of myself. I think that we are our worst critics.

Take a new photo of yourself in tighter fitting clothes and in the same position and angle as your before picture. then tape them side by side to your mirror. I bet you will start to see the difference. And most of all - be kind to yourself! You are doing a great job!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm the same exact way, but I definitely see it in you. You look great! Good job!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    cause you see yourself everyday...
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Because you see yourself everyday…
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! And there is a huge difference between your then and now pics - something to be very proud of!!! I think everyone has trouble seeing themselves in a different light after they have lost a significant amount of weight! But, as I said - to us it is very obvious!! Keep doing what your doing and be proud of how much you have accomplished!!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    i can definitely see a difference.