potluck style snacks

Options
So I usually take a snack to our weekly Sunday Funday parties. Normally I end up taking a tasty dip of some sort. I have just started dieting and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for potluck style snacks that everyone can enjoy.

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I bet if you continued bringing dips, but switched to using FF sour cream, cottage cheese, or plain Greek yogurt as your base, nobody would know the difference.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    well, there is always hummus and pita and/or veggies....but that lacks creativity lol
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like to make wonton snacks for parties.

Place wonton wrappers into sprayed muffin pan and fill with any mixture. I like to do a mixture of cooked lean ground turkey, veggies, salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Then bake until brown. Very tasty and low in calories.

I've also done pork/peanut sauce mixture and that worked well too.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    veggies or fruit platters are always good.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a lot of great appetizer/snack recipes, including a whole section on dips.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Skinny Dips
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you can still enjoy hummus, dips, and cheese....just use thick cucumber slices as your "vehicle" .
  • amattson151
    Options
    great site! Thanks!
  • Carcarmat
    Carcarmat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for web site
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I like the fake crab fingers dipped in Horlachers Dipping Mustard. Had this at a party last night and it was a big hit. Very tasty and low in calories.