Will you be my friend?

Options
I signed up for MFP back in January and am just now finally checking out the website and the awesome tools (I've been known to procrastinate). I'm a full-time wife, mom and nursing student and the pounds just continue to pack on. I've decided that things have to change and I figured there's no better time than before the holidays. I'm approaching my weight loss differently this time around by focusing on weekly goals rather than pounds lost. I have close to 100 pounds to shed, which seems overwhelming and a little depressing. I would love to make some new friends to help motivate and celbrate our achievements!

Kristy

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristy!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm a 41 yr old wife/mom that works full time and I'm halfway to my goal of losing 128 lbs. Sounds like we could definitely relate to one another! lol

Good luck on your journey!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Feel free to add me; can always support someone else and appreciate it in return. Good luck. You Can do this! :smile:
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, ladies! We are on the same journey!
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! :)
  • 8dozendiets
    Options
    I'm here for you! Please add me.
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well, we can ALL help each other on this journey :)
  • projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the friend requests and I've put in a friend request for those that posted to the thread. We're all here for the same reason and the support is AWESOME!! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and cheering each other on to our goals!

Thanks again,
    Kristy
  • ddvsmom234
    Options
    Hi guy i just started mfp I need alot of support
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Hello, welcome! I need some support too :) I will add you.
  • dannitots
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • dannitots
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • awoutlaw
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have been doing this since summertime and I have just really started going online for the support!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me, we could all use a little more support!
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been here for a few weeks and LOVE my new lifestyle!! The more support the better. I will add you.
  • Terilu
    Terilu Posts: 1
    Options
    I read your post Kristy,and I can relate.I am so glad you are taking care of yourself.I had children and was a nursing student when I was younger.When i started school I weighed 125 lbs(had lost 50 lbs 2 years before.I was doing well,then got back into the food and old eaing behaviours.I gained back all of the wt and 50 more pounds .It is 30+ years later,I have been a nurse for over 25 years,and feel like I have lost most of my life.I am now diabetic,have high BP, ,high cholesteral,and no energy.I want to believe that it is not too late for me,but feel like a hopeless case. I want to try this.Thank you for sharing.I would love to be your friend.
    Terri
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend!!!! I'm a full time wife, mother and school counselor. It's definitely hard trying to find the balance!!!

When I started my journey I was 27 lbs from my first mini-goal and 47 lbs from my ultimate goal. I may actually want to lose more weight because that goal still has me in the "overweight" range on the BMI scale and would need to lose a total of 52 lbs to be just under the overweight range on BMI. To me that is totally daunting and I have never attained that before. But this site, if used consistently, totally works!!!!
  • Rookie1988
    Options
    Feel free to add me....
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too.
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Welcome!! There are lots of great people here. Good luck on your journey.