Running undergarments! Yikes!

Options
So last night was my first outdoor run, it started out great , then I hit a hill going down and my underwear started sliding down and my running pants too! LOL... thank god it was dark!!! I had to finish the run holding my drawers! Does anyone have any suggestions for a good fitting pair? Are thongs better? Yes I'll admit the ones I was wearing were probably to big!! lol

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    go comando
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That happens to me all the time!! Especially since I've been to cheap to buy new underwear that fit since my weightloss.

I just go without usually. I wear yoga pants, and you can see any underwear through that anyway... so I opt out.
  • juliafbrady
    Options
    yeah - you don't necessarily need undergarments to run in if you are wearling running tights or spandex.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Try compression running pants. They are super snug. I am getting a pair of cw-x stabilyx this week.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would DEFINITELY not go with a thong! I buy hanes briefs for running. they are my favorite. unfortunately i have to get what i call grandma ones, because low rise fall down on me too. generally once i start getting sweating things stop sliding down! but i def suggest the hanes cotton undies with the lace elastic band!
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    I dont think its the size(too big) i think its the material. In my experience, fully lacy or even lacy rimmed will slide right down, cotton will stay up.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Wick away compression running pants and no undergarments.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Commando or compression shorts.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    no matter what as you lose weight your pants will get loose and fall down :P take it as a NSV haha
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hanes no ride cotton (yeah the granny kind). Totally stay put. No movement up or down :).

Have you thought about running shirts (they have little compression shorts underneath)?

^they are awesome
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I wear compression tights.. no undies!
    In the summer I wear Nike compression shorts under my tempo shorts.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    GapFit running leggings and Gapfit pants- stay snug and don't slide! Also, go commando! Undergarments bothered me when I started running, so I just went without. Feels better!
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the only one that wears underwear when running! wow so suprised by that
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    go comando
    Makes you run faster. I wear compresssion undergarments. Hugs the body and prevents chapping.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the only one that wears underwear when running! wow so suprised by that

No, you're not. I do too.

Boyshort style briefs stay put best. I never have a problem with any undies falling down. I have more issues with them wedging IN. :noway:
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That happens to me all the time!! Especially since I've been to cheap to buy new underwear that fit since my weightloss.

I just go without usually. I wear yoga pants, and you can see any underwear through that anyway... so I opt out.

that's just hot
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! I was seriously thinking of ducking behind a bush and rippin em off and going commando!! lol.. Im heading states side next month and hope to stock up on new running gear.. undies will have to be bought sooner! I cant believe i may even have to put granny panties back on! lol