toilet trouble... embarrassing!

Options
Hi all...

real simple i am having trouble going to the toilet....can go ages ( up to a whole day with out going and i feel full
and bloated!!! can any one suggest anything to help
move along the toilet problems
thanks

Replies

• fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    more fibre and water - to bulk up that fibre. Muesli works for me. Oh....and exercise to help with the peristaltic action.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Pears, including the skin, are full of fibre.. don't eat too many (or drink too much pear juice - also delish, btw - the one you can buy in the tin at the shops is the best one, it's a full pear juice so it works well) because it'll give you a belly ache :p
    I was quite.. err.. blocked up when pregnant and the pear thing was recommended to me as it works just like prunes but much tastier :D
  • acreely
    Options
    eat a pear they work really well..
    psyllium husk with big glass of water is a bit like bird seed but works too. Hope that helps
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eat prunes and other fruits. Drink a lot of water. That should get things moving. Don't overdo it on the prunes,though, or you'll have the opposite problem lol
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    are you eating a lot of protein? back off on the protein, eat more fiber, leafy greens, fruit and veg, beans, lentils & black beans especially. and drink more water. good luck
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    try a ducolax :) it helps you go naturally to the toilet :)
  • rebecca_lc28
    rebecca_lc28 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanks guys... yogavegan i just noticed i got over my protein EVERY DAY!!!! .. its by 6 one day to up to 20 the next it changes each day so will look in to that and up the water & fiber :D thanks guys bit embarrassing to ask but i need to know!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Fiber, Water, Fruits and Ducolax..... You can take more than the package says. My doctor had me take and entire small container with Gatorade before a procedure... It will fix you up!
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    Cashew nuts
    Dandelion Root Tea
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have intermittent constipation and loose stools all in one day.

Deffinitely try the more natural ones first, like water, fibre and moving before you try things like dulcolax.

Dulcolax claims to be gentle but...it is like bloomin rocket fuel. Not for the faint hearted!
  • NorthRiver
    NorthRiver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definitely always try to solve the problem by diet adjustment first before you turn to drugs... Prunes and water definitely don't have side effects.
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    fiber and exercise