POST-PARTUM PACK - October 17

Options
13»

Replies

• feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! (well, at least it still is morning where I am)

I hurt my back again last night! Grrrr. So my plan of going to the gym today to lift and run might turn into a swimming day if I can find an empty spot in the "slow" lane. ;) I know that swimming is great for me, but I just hate doing it every day. I get so bored doing lanes. I'm thinking about either getting a waterproof iPod case/earbuds or trying to commit to aquafit more.

How is everyone handling the build-up to Halloween? I see candy EVERYWHERE and it's so tempting. I think to myself, I need to buy it anyhow, and maybe I can limit myself if they're itty bitty servings. But I KNOW that I can't from previous experience, so I'm just not getting anything and am planning to turn off the lights to trick-or-treaters this year.
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    feydruss - Sorry to hear about your back...is it a recurring injury from the past?

As for the Halloween candy - yes, it is everywhere, and very tempting. I find that, as long as I am logging faithfully (and as long as I leave it to the end of the day) I CAN have just a few mini chocolates. I see it as my reward for doing well all day. So far, the motivation to stay under calorie goal has been stronger than the desire to eat the chocolate - I think its because I do allow a little each day.

In the past - if I would buy some mini chocolates but wasn't counting calories, I would inevitably eat more than I should...I don't have very good self-monitoring!

I am definitely getting more sugar daily than I should with these daily treats, but I am going to work slowly on weaning myself to smaller portions. I just know that cutting out entirely wouldn't work for me personally.

That said, I know that this approach doesn't work for everyone - we all have our different triggers / motivators. It makes me sad to think that you can't participate in Halloween because of it - could you just buy something that you don't like to hand out to the kids? For me, it would be rockets...I have no interest in that candy, and could buy it by the truckload and never touch one of them. I think I'll buy some rockets for the trick-or-treaters...but the chocolate is for me!!
  • McCallsmommy
    McCallsmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for Halloween candy, so last year I decided we couldn't have it in the house. So I ordered some pencils and little toys to hand out instead. I don't know what the trick-or-treaters thought, but at least I didn't eat an entire bucket of candy before they got there!!
  • McCallsmommy
    McCallsmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oops... I didn't mean to post again. How do I delete a post?
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    McCallsmommy - Great idea about giving the kids treats other than candy!!

Another week has come and gone! I hope you have all had a successful week. The link below will take you to the coming week's thread...Hope to see you there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/375505-post-partum-pack-october-24