doesnt make sense

Options
I am following mfp to a T. Logging my food and my workouts. Every night when I close out my day it tells me where I will be in 5 weeks but it is not happening.................

Replies

• amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    I am following mfp to a T. Logging my food and my workouts. Every night when I close out my day it tells me where I will be in 5 weeks but it is not happening.................
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

need more info
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    eating your exercise cals??
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling (disappointed & frustrated) like me!I have not been eating my exercise calories as I do not feel the need or desire to do so. Allowed 1200 cals by mfp guide, and this is more than adequate.

My BMI is 29.5 and not moving down, 5 ft 1 in weight 155, need to lose 30 pounds.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories. :drinker: (I don't eat all of them...but a majority of them)
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    some people have success without eating their exercise calories. i do not. i would recommend that first if you have not been doing so already. also, make sure you are drinking adequate amounts of water. a dehydrated body will hold onto fat for dear life. also watch your sodium intake. it can cause water retention.

are you taking measurements? i lost five pounds right away but the scale hasn't moved since. instead, i'm now dropping inches. a lot of times, when we have a sudden increase in activity level, we do burn fat, but we also build muscle. because muscle is more dense than fat, it may be the reason as to why to scale is not budging.

don't lose hope. if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, it will happen!!!
    :heart: aisha
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling (disappointed & frustrated) like me!I have not been eating my exercise calories as I do not feel the need or desire to do so. Allowed 1200 cals by mfp guide, and this is more than adequate.

My BMI is 29.5 and not moving down, 5 ft 1 in weight 155, need to lose 30 pounds.

try eating you ex cals, and you should see the scale move... There are tons of threads here that explain why you should eat the ex cals..... try searching on the main message board. If you are only eating 1200 cals, and burning lets say 300 cals by working out, you are essentially only eating 900 cals. Not enough fuel for you body! Your body has probably gone into starvation mode, hence the scale not moving.

Not trying to be mean.... :flowerforyou:
  • psilva78227
    psilva78227 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is true... not eating enough

I got in trouble with my trainer for that. When I uped my calories, then I started losing.

Patricia :tongue:

weight.png
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I hit a long plateau (almost 4 weeks) and stopped eating the exercise calories. When I checked in my Goals page, I was only given a 260 calorie/day deficit. So I leave 300-400 calories on the table and eat between 1200-1400/day. I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks now.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you dont have a lot left to lose so it's gonna be SLOW. I have 4 lbs to go and it's been 3 weeks since I've seen a change- even though I eat my exercise cals, exercise AND log everything. It just goes that way, mini-plateaus are pretty normal as you near your goal. Try reving up your workouts or switch to a whole different routine. Try swapping large dinners for large breakfasts, this really works for some people!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh: 4 weeks is not a "long plateau" though it may feel long.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    :laugh: 4 weeks is not a "long plateau" though it may feel long.

I'm going on 5 weeks and it feels like forever!!:grumble:

I do know people on here that have been months and months though!:noway: