green tea!

Options
I'm taking green tea pills... to help my metabolism as I lose weight. I knew it had antioxitants but I didn't know what those helped...

there are so many things it helps- skin, prevents certain diseases and cancer, delays the onset of diabetes, and a bunch more things.

I'm impressed!

I thought I saw an improvement with my skin and wanted to know if it was because of the green tea pills.

anyone else taking green tea pills or drinking green/black tea?

Replies

• xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm taking green tea pills... to help my metabolism as I lose weight. I knew it had antioxitants but I didn't know what those helped...

there are so many things it helps- skin, prevents certain diseases and cancer, delays the onset of diabetes, and a bunch more things.

I'm impressed!

I thought I saw an improvement with my skin and wanted to know if it was because of the green tea pills.

• lisa1
    lisa1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to take green tea pills, but it gives me cramps!

Lisa
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I am actually taking the green tea pills. I'm not sure how much of a difference they are making... I like to think they are working! I do believe in the antioxidants in green tea, and I also drink it a lot.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options

I'm impressed!

i recently started drinking more green tea, but where do you find the green tea pills? i'm interested.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I started drinking more tea then usual and I find that my allergies aren't as bad, and I still haven't gotten that cold thats been going around

So many benefits

I ordered some special tea online thats a lot fresher then whats in the stores.
  • rodnconnie
    Options
    I started drinking more tea then usual and I find that my allergies aren't as bad, and I still haven't gotten that cold thats been going around

So many benefits

I ordered some special tea online thats a lot fresher then whats in the stores.
    Could you share where you purchase it online? I love green tea! :drinker:
    If you can't post the link, you can send it to me in a private message. I used to buy mine from Sam's. But they quit carrying the brand. :cry:
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    I bought some green tea pills from walmart actually. I prefer the tea though; for some odd reason, the pills seem to give me the jitters... that, or they react badly with my one-a-day supplements. Not sure.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just throw a bag into a glass of cold water and drink it. Drinking plain water gets so boring sometimes, and the green tea is good for me.
    Be careful, though. Green Tea does contain a bit of caffeine.
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    how many calories are green tea though? because i went to see my dietitian at my doctors office last friday and she said that i should eat away calories instead of drinking them. me nd water are already BFF but i don't wanna waste calories by drinking green tea if its alot.

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Vanessa1969
    Options
    how many calories are green tea though?

0 calories
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options

0 calories

really? does that include the lipton bottled green tea?

:heart:

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Vanessa1969
    Options

0 calories
    really? does that include the lipton bottled green tea?
    :heart:

No, I don't know about premade products.
    The actual tea itself, in the teabags, is 0 calories.

Here is a website, about the product, that is interesting - http://www.healthcastle.com/lipton-ice-greentea.shtml
    Here is some details on it, from the website...
    Lipton Iced Green Tea: shockingly long ingredient list

We went to the Lipton web site and looked up the ingredient list of their Iced Green Tea. We naively anticipated the list to contain water, green tea and perhaps some sort of added sugars. However, the list is shockingly long.

"Water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, green tea, sodium hexametaphosphate, ascorbic acid, honey, natural flavors, phosphoric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, calcium disodium edta, caramel color, tallow 5, blue1."

More like Soft drink than Green Tea!

With 200 calories, 13 teaspoons of added sugar and a long list of artificial ingredients, Lipton Iced Green Tea is more like a bottle of soft drink than tea.

To make your own natural iced green tea, brew green tea leaves in a jar of water. Then cool it in the refrigerator. Serve it as is or add citrus juice or honey to your preference.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I drink the Diet Arizona green tea with dinner, which contains splenda as a sweetener. I do think my skin is better and sometimes you just need a break from plain water!
  • burbuja
    burbuja Posts: 32
    Options
    I used to take green tea pills a long time ago and I did notice a lot of benefits such as my skin, metabolism and omg did I have to pee every 5 minutes but I guess its good because thats how you get all of the toxins out. I know drink green tea, I just boil some water and add the green tea bag, i love the taste of natural green tea without any artificial sweetners or taste.

I would also recommend taking omega 3-6-9 capsules you will notice even better results with your skin, maybe you can take both. My skin has cleared up and looks so healthy and glowing my husband has even given me complimants and its also good for healthy skin, flexible joints and a strong immune function. I have noticed that it has helped me lose weight faster, maybe because its a good fat, who knows. I am the kind of person that needs to take natural supplemtents like green tea, vitamin B complex and omega 3-6-9 when dieting or else I get lots of colds and things like that.

For the person who asked where you can get green tea pills, (and said that she used to buy it at sams but they discontinued them) I don't remember what they are called but, I know you can get them at walmart I still see them at walmart so maybe you can go to the supplement section by the pharmacy area and check if the still have them. Good luck!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    This may be a bit off topic, but does Omega 3-6-9 tablets always contain a fish bi-product? I've heard that taking Omega 3 is a tricky area for vegetarians who do not want to eat fish/fish oil.

On the note of green tea, I love it! Plain green tea leaves steeped in hot water. I tried a blend last week of green tea and chai...that was nasty...save your money. lol.

As for the green tea pills... saw somebody said that the pills made them jittery. Do the pills contain caffeine?

Thanks! :wink:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about the Lipton Green Tea drinks. If you are drinking any kind of drink that comes in a can or bottle, you HAVE GOT TO read the ingredients label. A lot of those drinks reel people in stating that it is Green Tea or has Healthy Antioxidants, but if you read the label the ingredients read: Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, and a bunch of other stuff you can't pronounce, with any kind of beneficial ingredient being at the very end. It is always safest to stick to meals (and drinks!) that have very few ingredients, and stay away from anything that has High Fructose Corn Syrup within the first 5 ingredients.
  • Maria061
    Maria061 Posts: 118
    Options
    This may be a bit off topic, but does Omega 3-6-9 tablets always contain a fish bi-product? I've heard that taking Omega 3 is a tricky area for vegetarians who do not want to eat fish/fish oil.

On the note of green tea, I love it! Plain green tea leaves steeped in hot water. I tried a blend last week of green tea and chai...that was nasty...save your money. lol.

As for the green tea pills... saw somebody said that the pills made them jittery. Do the pills contain caffeine?

- Your post is did interested me. I fill, that I am always tired. I will do anything to have my metabolism work better, so I will try You idea.

Have a nice Easter,