Wii Workout Games?

Options
We just bought a wii last week for my husband and girls to play with and i decided i wanted to start using it to work out with but i don't know what games to buy, so for anyone who works out with their wii or knows someone who does what games do you/they like the most so i have an idea what i should get. Thank You :)

Replies

• _blackbird
    Options
    I had a Wii Fit Plus.... but I returned it because most of the exercises were only a couple of minutes long and it really was just tedious
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use the following games:
    EA Active 2
    Just Dance 2
    Wii Sports (the original one)
    Wii Fit Plus

Of those listed, I definitely do the EA Active 2 the most because it has a HRM with it and it pushes me to try and do better/burn more each time. After that, I do the Just Dance 2 because it's fun and doesn't feel like a workout since I'm entertained and the time goes by fast.

Hope this helps!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i do the fit plus, biggest loser and jm fitness ultimatum
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ea active 2 is awesome
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 & I can easily work up a sweat. Plus it's fun! :smile:
  • dngauthier24
    Options
    I use Just Dance 2 and it is a really great workout and it doesn't feel like it because you are having a fun time doing the dances!
  • jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Active 2 & I love it!! Definitely worth a try!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2. It's like a trainer in a box lol.
  • faith12207
    Options
    Biggest Loser is a pretty good workout.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love the Just Dance "games" Been doing the "just sweat" challenges on Just Dance 2 and just bought Just Dance 3 as my 40 lbs lost treat. Love them!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Wii fit and the original sports games. I love the boxing trainer, it's a great way to work up a sweat and your shoulders are burning by the time you go through the whole thing.
  • mcmex4
    mcmex4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Dance 2 and Zumba but not sure how to put the calories burned. What do you use?:happy:
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have

Wii fit
    Wii fit plus
    Wii sports
    Just Dance 2
    Just Dance 3
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum
    Biggest Loser Game
    Cheerleader Allstar 2
    Cheerleader Allstar 3
    Cheerleader Allstar 4

Wii fit plus is fun but you will not sweat it's enjoyable though
    Just Dance 2 is better than 3 and is probably the game I use the most, good balance of work out and fun
    Jillian Michaels is crap. I love her but worst game
    Biggest Loser is borrrrring but I sweat and get skinny and it IS a good work out. but it's not really a game
    Cheerleaders games and wii sport aren't too good either.
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) maybe i will start off by renting some of your recommendations to find which one works best for me and then buy that one, thank you for suggesting so many games to try out.
  • WiiTastic
    WiiTastic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've had Golds Gym Cardio Workout for 2 years now and still love it. It's a boxing game and heaps of fun. Since it's been out for a while you should be able to pick it up fairly cheaply if you're interested.

EA Sports Active 2 is a good all round workout, with cardio and strength training (Golds Gym is still way more fun though). And the Just Dance games are heaps of fun too.