Losing Belly Fat!! Ugh!

Options
Trying To Lose "BELLY-FAT?" I've been asked to re-post my popular "Puddles & Ponds" belly-fat explanation. It has helped many of my friends to finally understand how "fat-loss" really works. Here it is:

Recently, while sitting on my friend's outdoor deck, a women asked me; "Franny, what's the best way to lose this pooch on my belly?" Me, being a bit frustrated by this common misconception, had to grab my own head to keep it from exploding!

At that moment, it hit me - The perfect explanation! I said:

"Kim, Look over the deck at this beautiful town. It has just stopped raining, and now, a thin layer of water covers the entire terrain. Notice how water has also pooled to form small and large puddles, and the small Pond across the street has swelled to accommodate newly deposited rain-water. Eventually, the sun will appear, and the water will begin to evaporate. "All" the water in the town is actually evaporating at the same rate. It doesn’t seem that way, because the ground dries quickly, and it takes til mid-day the small puddles to be gone. The larger puddles are shrinking but may take a full day or two to disappear. To the naked-eye, the pond across the street won't change much at all after a day of sunshine.

Our "Body-fat" is a lot like the town's rain-water. A thin layer accumulates underneath our skin over most of our bodies (Like the wet town). It’s called “subcutaneous-fat”. We also store body-fat in larger quantities all around the body - kinda like puddles; Doctors call this “depot fat”. It tends to gather in the hips, butt, and thighs, on women, and on the frontal belly, lower and upper-back, on men. These are the body’s puddles and ponds.

As we lose fat from exercise or reduced-calorie eating, the fat-loss in our body is like the evaporating water. The thin layer of fat on our upper-chest area, facial jaw-line, and the backs of our hands, tends to show the first signs of the fat actually disappearing. This is because those areas tend to have lesser fat deposits than other parts of the body.
Be assured, the body "is" losing fat over its entire landscape. It’s just that the belly - for example - is like a pond. Unfortunately, although the water is evaporating, it’s not until the shore-line recedes, that we notice a water-level drop. See what I mean?

Male Bodybuilders understand this from experience with contest-dieting. Their Abs is the last area of their body to experience total leanness. This is because they begin their fat-loss diets with the most amount of fat (usually) around their middle. Conversely, Female Bodybuilders would agree that it’s usually their butt and upper-thighs that are the last to experience razor-sharp leanness.

Therefore, if you are exercising and eating, to lose fat, but seeing results only in some areas of your body, and not other areas…stay the course. Your belly or butt is NOT being stubborn at all. It’s losing fat as fast as the rest of your body. It just seems like a slow poke, because it’s a “Pond”, not a “wet street”, or “puddle”. Our bodies burn fat like the sun evaporates water on the town, a little at a time, but, ALL at the same time".

The last important thing to remember is this; Performing extra Abs exercises WILL NOT help. Remember, you can NOT spot reduce body-fat around your waist by exercising that area.

Share this with your friends

Replies

• rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • jessashcher
    Options
    thanks for sharing that, now I understand and I won't be so upset that it's taking longer for my belly.:)
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    thanks for the analogy, I like it.

:smile:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thank you for sharing.
    Right now, I'm looking forward to the parting of the Red sea! :bigsmile:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    "LIKE" ;)
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This was really interesting and actually did make me feel better, thanks! Now I just need to work on consistently loosing & keeping the weight off! Lol!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    very nice explanation.
  • hotpigg
    hotpigg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing post! By far the best explanation I have ever heard. AND it makes me feel good to know that what I am doing is helping all over. U should totaly repost this every month and let ur story help others.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    My belly is an ocean.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! this is an amazing explanation!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • kvolkman01
    Options
    Thanks for the great info:)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful explanation. Thanks for sharing :-)
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Your friends were right! Thanks for re-sharing :)
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed to see this!
  • PlaySchool
    PlaySchool Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's a great explanation. Thank's for posting.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for reposting this, I wish I read that before I bought my special DVD workout aimed for the abs..

So then, what do all those abs exercises aimed particularly for abs do then? just toning the muscles underneath "the pond".. (or well.. in my case "the lake" :D)?
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    Excellent re-post!!! It was greatly needed b/c that is the focal point of my frustration!! Thank you! :-)
  • Myzstarr
    Myzstarr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing the post. really got a lot of understanding out of it