Frustrated

Options
OK! I have been doing this for about 3 wks now. The first week I lost 4 lbs and now I am stuck. I have been exercsing like crazy except the last couple of days, but have been watching what I am eating. It's great to see everyone loosing weight, what's the secret that I don't already know? HAHA. :mad

Linda

Replies

• LindaGuidi
    LindaGuidi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OK! I have been doing this for about 3 wks now. The first week I lost 4 lbs and now I am stuck. I have been exercsing like crazy except the last couple of days, but have been watching what I am eating. It's great to see everyone loosing weight, what's the secret that I don't already know? HAHA. :mad

Linda
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Give us some idea how much you're eating and how much you're burning when you exercise.

I just put this in my previous post so I'm being redundant but just for instance - I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day and burn about 400-500 calories 4 days a week and 700-800 the other 3. I've lost 16.75 pounds in 12 weeks. You want to aim for a 500 calorie/day deficit. That means you'd burn a pound (3500 calories) in about a week.

ETA- I just realized you're on week 3. Especially after a big initial kerchunk, you may not see pounds drop off for a week or so. I have gone for 3 or 4 weeks with no pound loss, then drop 2 at a time. It'll come! It takes time!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    did you gain the extra weight in three weeks?
    no

proceed
    check back again in 30 days

have fun:smile:
  • psilva78227
    psilva78227 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just keep working at it! Your body is adjusting. As my trainer told me... you will drop inches before you will drop the pounds. The initial pounds you lose is typically water weight.

Patricia :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    did you gain the extra weight in three weeks?
    no

proceed
    check back again in 30 days

have fun:smile:

that's our Dave, subtle as a Bulldozer! :tongue:
  • LindaGuidi
    Options
    I try to aim for the 1200 that I am allowed. With the exercise that I do I believe I burn between 300-400 calories a day.

I eat cereal or english muffin in the morning with cup of coffee with no sugar. i'll have maybe a weight watchers smart ones for lunch fruit or yogurt for snack and a dinner (family dinner). For instance last night I had roastbeef with a a scoop of mashpotatos mixed veggies, and mushrooms.
  • LindaGuidi
    Options
    No i didn't gain the weight back
  • psilva78227
    psilva78227 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The other thing is to make sure you are eating enough. If you constantly keep to a super low calorie, your body goes into "starvation mode," a lower metabolism. I actually eat about 5 or 6 times a day (after getting in trouble with my trainer for not eating enough) and that will help to increase your metabolism. I have actually started losing more weight with the increases calories. Who would have thought :tongue:

Patricia
  • angela2k1
    angela2k1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Agreed

I was also told drink tons of water and actually do something like 3 days strict calorie watching and 2 days off but don't go nuts. It's worked for me. Only down 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks but I was stuck at a plateu for 2 months so 3 pounds is a great victory.