15 Biggest Nutrition Myths

Options
I got an email regarding this one & I thought of sharing this helpful article here. Its about Nutrition Myths that most of us believe to be true. Honestly I was also shocked with the info that I see there. Check this out:
http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/15-biggest-nutrition-myths?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-709826-_-10192011-_-hed

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks.
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That was a very interesting article. Not all of the information was news to me, but the last few tidbits made up for that!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That was a very interesting article. Not all of the information was news to me, but the last few tidbits made up for that!

agree some i knew, some i didnt. usefull though
  • xoxMandyxox
    xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the salt. My grandmother just switched to sea salt! I should let her know. Thanks for posting!

I'm glad to read about the egg yolks, too. I've been cutting the yolks out of my daughter's eggs most mornings since she just wants eggs all the time lol I, however, actually like eggs better without the yolk!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,946 Member
    Options
    Hey, Mens Health is getting better at the accuracy of their articles over the years. I still disagree with a few of their myths....4,8, 10 or 11. 13 & 14 are dubious myths to begin with and I guess we could create hundreds of myths based on the quantity of a micronutrient present in a particular food and a few others like #5 for example, full of total misinformation.....and #6 is wrong.
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Most o knew as well. I really wanted to seewhat they said about eggs. They get such a bad rep but they really are a complete protein with the yolks and a great food source. Egg whites are fine but you won't get the protein punch without the yolk.