Hey everyone! READY TO GET STARTED! :)

Options
Hey all! I'm really excited to get back into this! I've lost just about 50lbs in the last six years, although 25 of it was from six years ago. Still I'm proud that I've maintained and even lost 15lbs in college. I was stuck at 140 but my goal weight had always been around 130. I exercised but still couldnt get past that hump. I had a job this last year that required me to travel so I wasnt able to exercise as much as I liked. Regardless I stayed the same at 140ish. Two months ago I moved back home and began applying to graduate schools. The pressure and stress from organizing all that and trying to readjust to home life made me finally get over that hump and get down to 131!!! I was so pumped but I've started to creep back up and I'm at 135.
I've used MFP but I never was involved with the community aspect. I'd like to make some friends who have lost around as much as me and are trying to maintain or just lose those last few pounds. Or people that have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth and need support with that (honestly anything candywise is my downfall). And anyone else who is serious about this and ready to lose the weight.
My goal now is to get down to 125ish (130 wasn't quite what I thought it would be for me).

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone :)

Replies

• mojiwoji
    Options
    I have the worst sweet tooth!!
  • Beberni
    Beberni Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a sugar addiction - just a step above a sweet tooth....lol I'm not any where near my goal but feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • thop123
    thop123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok a sugar addiction may be a better word for me too. Its horrible but I will forgo all healthy food just so I can eat more candy... I mean its the same amount of calories right? Does it really matter where it came from? hahah at least thats what I tell myself.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sucesses, Im a chronic "night snacker" and im also pretty good at drinking beer... I just workout more lol.
  • afinnegan10
    Options
    I did the same as you. I was around 135 in Hugh school and thought I was fat. I'm short but I've always had a large frame from dancing. After college and graduate school and getting married, I was tipping in at 200. I needed a change. I was told I had fertility issues and was in a pre-diabetic state. If my unhealthy life continued, I'd have diabetes. I wanted more for myself and lost 40lbs and managed to keep it off for 7 months with no effort. I learned how to eat and done eat large portions like I used to. I'm going for 130! Good luck to you!! I know you can do it!
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I grew up being too skinny and developed some pretty bad habits. After the birth of my son and a ,much regretted, year on depo I am hovering around my end of pregnancy weight. I've tried halfheartedly to lose it before, but I am really having to relearn what food is. I'm not seeing much on the scale yet, but I have been doing well on my calorie goals and exercising- so I am hoping it's muscle gained. My husband is doing this with me, but I could definitely use some outside accountability!