fell off the wagon after a week of MFP :(

Options
I was doing so good all week.. Just started getting serious a week ago .. I lost 5 llbs in one week... This weekend was bad for me ..I have gone over my calorie count of 1200 and did not exercise .. Thought Sunday would be better day but it wasnt.. Sunday i was hungry all day and kept snacking .. I know Monday is a new day and I will start over again but im bumbed out about gaining some of the weight back.. I think i gained 3 lbs back.. <heavy sighs> How many have taken 3 steps forward and 2 steps back .... How easy was it to get back on track again ..I hope tomarrow i can get back on the wagon again..

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    You'll be okay. Just use it as motivation to start fresh. This is now my fourth attempt in two years on here. I gained back the 5 I lost and have to refocus. It can be done and its hard to stay on track at first, but you'll get the hang of it. :)
  • pillowystar
    Options
    I'm in the same phase at the moment. I lost 4 lbs during the first 2 weeks with 1200 kcal, and now I am having a hard time to not only stick to the 1200 kcal, but also in allowing myself the "wrong" kcal, as in a beer and some chocolate, which seems to make me gain weight even if I stay WAY below the 2000 kcal intake *sigh*. Also I haven't been really consequent in having breakfast every day, and that really seems to make a difference.

Here's to a better week! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    As long as you get back to it. In the long term picture one bad day isn't going to ruin everything, but the key is to get right back to being healthy again and not decide that one bad day has ruined everything and there is no point even trying.

That's where I've always fallen down before, I'd have one bad day and deicde not to bother. Now I'm trying to say "it doesn't matter about yesterday, I can't change that. What I can change is right now!"

And don't wait till tomorrow, start today to plan tomorrow's meals you are ready to go with the right food and exercise!
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ahh, you will be fine, be very good now, and if you can make some time for more excersise that should help. i also had a bad day yesterday, worst so far, i have bbeen on here for almost a month, and i certainly wont be letting one day ruin all my hard work! dont loose heart, one day will not ruin your effortsx
  • Zazzabel
    Options
    I don't tend to log on over the weekend but still try to be as good as I can - don't be too down, some times you just need to cut lose after a solid dieting week. I find if I'm less strict during the week and let myself have a little treat every now and again I'm less likely ot fall totally off the wagon at the weekend. It also depends on how busy the weekend is.

You're right Monday is a new day and you'll be fine, we're all behind you :wink:
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Remember you are still 2lbs down! Keep at it. There will be hiccups along the way and that's fine :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It would take a miracle to be 100% all the time, none of us are perfect and we all have our 'moments' - I've struggled too this weekend for some reason.

My motto is 'don't look back, you're not going that way'

Yesterday is over, today is here, tomorrow is yet to come - take a deep breath and start afresh!

You can do it, and we're all here behind you!
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I;ve been doing this for about 3 months now and the hardest month was the first. After a while it becomes second nature and I now have to force myself to eat 1200 (due to making healthier food options) or I work out before I have something naughty.

By month 3 counting cals and exercising regularly has become second nature. And dont worry we all have crap days! Just move on and make the next day a better one.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's the story of my life, but the main thing is just to forget your lapse and start again the next day. You will get there in the end x
  • BamaGurl47
    Options
    i appreciate you guys being so supportive ... I will definately not let this past weekend ruin my goals .. Thanks so much :)
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've just recently fallen off that darn wagon too! They really should check out the safety on that thing ;-) over this weekend I have put 4lbs on (eeeek!!) my hubby goes away this weekend for 5 months (he's in the military) so we had a mini Christmas this weekend, and I ate and ate and ate!! But today IS a new day, and a new week and the sooner I get back on track the better! You might find some of that weight gain comes off fairly quickly as it might be water retention. I'm expecting 2 of my pounds to drop off reasonably quickly and the other 2 will be a bit more stubborn, but I've lost them before :-) you can do it, you've done it before. I'll let you know when the wagon is here and we can get back on it together :-)