palpatations....

Options
i'm getting palpatations at night when i lie down since i've upped my exercise does any one else get this ? i'm not a heavy caffeine drinker. when i lay down at night it feels like my hearts about to jump right outta my chest for about 20 mins

Replies

• PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Do you exercise at night and do you do cardio?
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'd see your doctor if I were you.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    As said before - go and see your health care provider - 20 min of palpitations is not normal.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    yes i do cardio and sometimes exercise at about 8pm
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Measure your heart rate when you lie in bed. See if its between 60 bpm-100 bpm. If it is, it might be normal as you excercise at night. If you feel your heart is beating too fast through the entire night, it might be a cardiac arrhythmia. Refer to a cardiologist to find out if there is any abnormality. Probably he will send you with a Holter( which is an event recorder) which will record your rhythm at night to see if there is anything wrong.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor. There could be any one of hundreds of reasons for this happening.

Please look at the disclaimer at the bottom of every page on the forums:
    Disclaimer-1.jpg
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've had this before, apparenlty it can happen if you're not eating enough and doing a lot of exercise.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    stop any diet pills and smoking if you do. then get an EKG asap.
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    I've had this before, apparenlty it can happen if you're not eating enough and doing a lot of exercise.
    could possibly be that i have been uppin the cardio and had 100-300 spare cals most nights
  • Miss_Kaz80
    Miss_Kaz80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get palpatations close to menstruation, its to do with iron. However this is specifically me. I used to get them from excessive energy drinks and caffeine, my heart rate would be up around 180 at rest because of energy drinks. I no longer have caffeine.

Your doc will listen to your heart with the stethoscope or have you wear a portable heart monitor for 24hrs to see what the heart is doing when palpatating. It really is a process of elimination as there is thousands of reasons for heart palpitations.
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    Could be a thyroid issue.
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I get heart palpatations from stress. Found out three years ago that I had a heart murmur (when I went to the doctor because of palpatations). Had an ECG, found out it was most likely an "innocent" heart murmur.
    It's vital that you go and see your doctor, and lay back on the evening exercise till then.
    Take care of yourself.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    could possibly be that i have been uppin the cardio and had 100-300 spare cals most nights

Please, go see a doctor.

A doctor is the only person who will be able to help you. There are far too many things that could be causing heart palpatations.

Don't take any chances with your health by relying on information that is posted here.
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    I get palpatations close to menstruation, its to do with iron. However this is specifically me. I used to get them from excessive energy drinks and caffeine, my heart rate would be up around 180 at rest because of energy drinks. I no longer have caffeine.

Your doc will listen to your heart with the stethoscope or have you wear a portable heart monitor for 24hrs to see what the heart is doing when palpatating. It really is a process of elimination as there is thousands of reasons for heart palpitations.

i have been taking iron tablets come to think of it since i started exercising