5'10" LADIES GOAL WEIGHT?????

Options
I honestly do not know what my goal weight is... I have changed it 3x in the last week...from 190-180-175 then back to 190...I have pictures of me when I was 17-18 yo at 180 and I thought that is what I wanted to weigh again...but a part of me feels that I am too old to be that thin and I still want to be " black girl thick" just without my stomach, I was not blessed with hips w a lil butt...My boyfriend doesnt want me to be that small when we met 4yrs ago I was between 220-230 and now being 244 I definately know that I want to be lower than that....any suggestions on goal weight mind u I am 5'10"....

Replies

• TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" medium-large boned and I am aiming between 155-170 depending on how I look when I get there
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I am about half an inch shorter than you. My goal is 140-145. I think that for our height a healthy weight is suppose to be between 130 and 168 or something like that. Even at my goal I remain pretty curvy, because that is just how my body is made. I would think set your goal at whatever feels comfortable to you, and when you hit it you will know if it is where you want to be. You are always allowed to reevaluate anytime you want.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my goal is 170, I am at 190 now so just 20 more pounds and I will be sexy fluffy :)
  • kirstyjosephine
    Options
    I'm roughly 5'10" and long term I'd like to reach 60-65kg (90kg now .. Derp).
  • almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    Im 5'9 and my ideal weight is 154 pounds so for you id say 165 or 168 :)

Do what feels best for you <3
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'11'', I will be happy with anything under 179 (a healthy BMI). In my 20s, I was normally between 170 to 190. I looked awesome at 165 and 170 but it was very hard for me to maintain. So I will be happy with 180ish.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Im 5'9 and my ideal weight is 154 pounds so for you id say 165 or 168 :)

Do what feels best for you <3

try the calculator the guy just posted above you. I just used it and my ideal weight at 5' 9.5 is 143. 154 is well within your healthy weight range though.
  • SexiB
    SexiB Posts: 46
    Options

That is telling me 150 and I know I do not want to be that small..ik my healthy range ends at 175 but I would be so funny looking because I am big boned as they call it......idk....:indifferent:
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I want to look super slim, so my goal is about 152 (which is about the lower to the middle of my height's weight recommendation). So if you want to look healthy and still have your curves, aim for the middle to upper end of your height's weight recommendations, then you'll be healthy AND curvy!!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • loreleijade
    loreleijade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 1/2 and my goal weight is 135. I'm at 170 right now and it's the biggest I've ever been, nothing fits :(.
    In my last year of high school I was at around 135-137 and I felt and looked awesome so that's the goal.
  • satikat
    satikat Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm 5'10, do strength training several times a week and have some solid bones and broad wrists and shoulders. I'm gonna be ecstatic with 180.

I think the weights advised by the BMI are slightly ridiculous. I do not want to look gaunt or bony and I fell that anything less than 175 would lead to that.
  • Tclynch
    Tclynch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I, too, am 5'10" and at my age (57) I just want to get to a healthy weight. So for me, I've set it at the very end of my healthy weight BMI, 174. Once I'm there, I will decide if I want to continue any further, but I will know that I'm at least in a healthy range if I don't.

You mention your boyfriend not wanting you to be skinny. Do not gear your weight loss around him. Do it for yourself and because you need to be a healthy weight. If he's not loving you for you, then he's not worth your time.
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a medium frame and going for somewhere around 145 lbs. I weighed that at my wedding 5 years ago and was around a size 8. Back then I was running and strength training, but not eating healthy at all.

Weight distributes differently on every body. I'd say pick what you think is a reasonable goal within your healthy weight range and re-evaluate as you get closer to the goal. Do what makes you happy.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    5' 9.75" here, and the goal weight is 170 (to get to a healthy weight first). I am more focused on health and fitness than "looks" though. The 170 is to be able to tell my doctor that I am at a healthy weight, even if she tells me to lose more.

After that, no matter what I might look like when I get to 170, I'm going to tone and shred for further results, probably not be vigilant about losing more weight as maintaining the achieved healthy weight.

Part of my reasoning for this is that I'm afraid that once I reach my goal weight, I will get away from the active lifestyle I've created up to this point. I really want to keep it ingrained--I've come farther on my own than I ever did with any other diet plan and I want it to stay that way!
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 11 and 3/4" - I currently weigh about 173 lbs (79kilos) and I'm feeling great and getting many many compliments (LOVE THAT!! hehehe).

I'm unsure how much more I will lose - I'm quite happy now, but also would like to lose a bit more off my tum and thighs NOT my boobs which is where it seems to be coming from atm!

I think my goal is around 73-75 kilos - so about 160 lbs.

Nobody wants gaunt - and curves are very sexy! Go with whatever feels right for you.xx
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    5ft 9, aiming for 150, see how it goes when I get there. Mostly I picked it cause it was half what I was when I started. :)
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", large frame, and my current goal is 178, just so I can be BMI-normal :) Plus it's just shy of 90lbs total loss, so maybe I'll just make it a round number and go to 177 if I can. In 9th grade I was 160, but I was 5'7" then. I don't think I'd go lower than 177 unless I still felt flabtastic, in which case it would be more of a strength-training thing at that point.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and want to be 170, I have a large frame and have been 160 before but I looked to skinny
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'10...I have a goal of 155, but just depends on how things go...I am going more for a pant size than anything!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!