Hello! 28lbs to go and needing support

Options
Hi,

I know 28lbs does not seem like a huge goal, but when you've spent the past 5 years trying to get rid of it, trust me it's significant!
about 5-6 years ago I lost 3.5 stone and went from a dress size 18-22 to a 12-16.
I have since wanted to knock off another couple of stone but have faltered at each turn as I just cannot seem to get the motivation back to do it.

So I am trying this forum in hope that maybe I will meet some like minded people who may be able to share tips and wisdom.

:)

Replies

• clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hi, i think the lesser weight you have to loose the longer it may take. i think 1lb a week aim is a good starting point, and see how you go. i was surprised by how many cals i was consuming before starting here, at least it explained to me why the weight wasnt shifting! i was kidding myself. good luck, i have another 16lbs to go, and hoping to be there, by jan 2012x
  • rhower
    rhower Posts: 1
    Options
    It is easier if you make short term goals, and meet those. Think of it like stairs, if you look at the next floor it is a big step. If you take them one step at a time, you will get there. Set a goal of 2-4 lbs in the next 2 weeks. Stick with the plan and you will be happy when you make your goal. Then set another one.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    So glad that you posted this. I am also needing to lose only a few...15 to be exact. I believe that the advice from rhower and clares06 is great.
  • 29jaz
    29jaz Posts: 4
    Options
    hi im with you on this 23lbs to go and feeling a bit unmotivated.... i need the support as well
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Everyone has great advice on this post. Up the cardio if you haven't done so already, and eat lots of fiber to um, clear the system. And of course, water, water, water!! You're gonna get there. Keep pushing.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Everyone has great advice on this post. Up the cardio if you haven't done so already, and eat lots of fiber to um, clear the system. And of course, water, water, water!! You're gonna get there. Keep pushing.

Very good advice.
  • eviledna
    eviledna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I'm battling the last 28lbs too and have found the support on here great, have sent a friend request x