1200cals

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
Is It best To Eat just 1200 cals with no exercise or do exercise and eat more. like MFP says

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Regardless of your weight loss goals/progress, exercise has health benefits that extend beyond losing weight and I would recommend it.
  • elenas_childcare
    Options
    if you eat your 1200cals and do exercise you'l find you will lose more weight and probably faster :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I always find that when I exercise (even eating exercise calories so the NET is the same) that I lose inches easier and feel slimmer than if I didn't exercise at all - my stomach seems to be flatter and less bloated looking.
    It also has benefits for your physical fitness.
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Experiment and see what is best for you but exercising will tone up and keep you fit :) just make sure you meet your daily goal of calories. :)
  • blondz
    blondz Posts: 7
    Options
    Exercise is always good :smile:
  • HouseTargaryen
    Options
    Regardless of your weight loss goals/progress, exercise has health benefits that extend beyond losing weight and I would recommend it.

^^^ YES.

You should definitely work out, even if it just means taking a brisk walk around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes a day.

As far as calories go, you can play around with the numbers some until you see progress. First try eating back your workout calories and see how the weight loss goes after a month. If nothing is happening, try only eating back half of your workout calories. Again, if after a couple of weeks there is no change in your measurements or weight, perhaps you shouldn't eat back your workout calories!

You could also start out by not eating back your workout calories and listening to your body. If you are feeling weak or tired all of the time, you may need to be eating more.

Finding the right amount of calories to lose weight will come with time! As for exercise, I would do at least 30 minutes 3-5 times per week.

Good luck =)
  • uerz
    uerz Posts: 1
    Options
    As Sidesteal already said: exercice is healthy!

Plus, when you are losing weight you are losing fat and also proteins (which means muscle). Exercice helps to gain it back