Need a Buddy

Options
Hello all!

I need to lose weight mainly because of health issues. My weight is seriously messing with my joints; I have a strained lower back, tendonitis in both of my knees, and possible sprained ankle(s), and having excess weight isn't helping them heal. I've tried before to lose weight, but its too easy to slack off and eat what I want, or say "Oh, I'll make up for it at the gym" but I never go. So I'm hoping to make some friends on here who can hold me accountable for my actions. It seems somewhat juvenile (sp?), but I need it. So any support is greatly appreciated!

Sierra

Replies

• elenas_childcare
    Options
    hi, i feel the same. i need all the support i can get. i go off track very easily and need someone to keep me going in the right direction x
  • shazza339
    Options
    Sounds exactly like me!!:smile::smile: I have tried every diet going, did go to the gym and done my back in, so thats the end of that. Need motivation badly......work in a office with sabotarors!!!
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I like to have other people around who are motivated and stick with it! There is no such thing as too much support!!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to be your friend, just keep in mind that no one can hold you truly accountable except for yourself. :) You are making smart decisions just being on MFP though.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will bug you lol! I've been on this site a week and am down a couple lbs already thanks to the tracker. I have found that logging my food has been REALLY helpful. Like you, the extra weight is killing my joints. I go to the gym 3x a week but would like to go more. Take it 1 lb at a time and you will get there.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same boat too and would like to help also. It does help when you have someone to motivate in to some extent.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have the same problems! I'll add you so we can support each other :flowerforyou:
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well ~ Im very focused, determined and POSITIVE. =)
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I would love to help keep you motivated!!! I am sending you a request now!!!
  • jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with keeping on track when I first started up. Feel free to add me! My friend kept on me like white on rice & I've made some significant progress because of her!
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi all! I've been on this site for about 7-weeks now, and it really is Amazing! the support, and friendship is exceptional.....Add me also , if you like...the more the merrier, I always say:flowerforyou:
  • WalkWell
    Options
    I think honestly recording what you do and eat on here will really help. And looking to see that little tracker move on your profile will help keep you motivated.

Just learning about what is in foods can help- i mean there are heaps of foods that lose there appeal when you know just how fattening they are and how little nutrition they give you. No wonder eating junk food leaves you full but still hungry.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me! I'm exactly the same. If I feel I can get away with a naughty treat, I will - so need some friends on here to keep me on the straight and narrow
  • razorspells
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, a great place for support and motivation. Good luck on your diet and exercise :smile:
    Add me as your friend if you wish.
  • DrkDancr
    DrkDancr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't think needing accountability is juvenile at all. Different people need different motivators to stay on track. I too need a buddy (or twenty!) to help keep me on track as well. I live in a household with my hubby and son who can pretty much eat whatever they want and gain/lose at will. My challenge is fixing foods they will eat that won't sabatoge my efforts to lose weight.