Anyone use diet/supplements?

Options
Does anyone find that using weight loss/supplement pills help them with eating less and having more energy? Those are my two problems I have and probably the reasons these last 10lbs are so hard for me and I am looking for ways to help that. I can't curb my cravings and I am so exhausted by the end of the day which is when I exercise.

Replies

• Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Not into pills or supplements but I find working out gives me more energy throughout the day. Why not work out in the morning???
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Generally people reset their weight loss goals to lose 0.5 pounds per week when they get to the last 10-15 pounds. You will see an increase in your calorie intake, but it works. As you get close to your goal weight, you tend to lose the weight more slowly.

ETA: I only say this because I see you are eating 1250 calories a day, but this may be close to your maintenance, I don't know you or your weight.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I used a diet pill once, and after 3 days I had the shakes, heart palpitations, and didn't sleep at all during those 3 days (and that was on HALF the recommended dosage). It took weeks for me to feel normal again after I stopped taking them.

Diet, exercise, and being responsible to yourself is the only way to get there. It takes patience and dedication. You can do this, and you don't need pills to get it done.

Good luck!
  • BSero1982
    Options
    I happen to be a pill popper so to speak. Just because I love the energy and the appetite suppressing. One that I did use was called Lipodrine (yellow octagon shape) it worked great with energy, curving the appetite. I took that for a while lost some weight on it too. I recently just switched to Oxyelite Pro. I've heard great reviews on this one, and so far after a few days my appetite has completely shrank. The energy is great, it also helps with focusing due to some of the chemicals in it. Also with both, no jitters. Which is good! Just thought i'd throw a couple out there for you if you happen to be interested in some that has worked for me. Good luck!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I use oxy elite pro. love it. give me energy , and does help with appitite, though i do not have all that much problem with that.

becarefull with that type of supplement if you are at all sensite to caffine, so unless you can down a six pack of dew with no problem i would b wary.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I use oxy elite pro. love it. give me energy , and does help with appitite, though i do not have all that much problem with that.

becarefull with that type of supplement if you are at all sensite to caffine, so unless you can down a six pack of dew with no problem i would b wary.

I took oxy elite for a while. Really helped me

Too expensive for me to keep up with tho xD
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    NO and DONT!! you will rebound in a bad way if you dont cause physical damage to yourself. TRUST me i know! I watched my mom waste away on supplements and crazy diets, she died at 65 looking 95!! weighing 85!

eat more protein and take some good multivitemins if you need them.

Drink lots of water or herbal tea, stay away from "diet" green teas they have laxitive in them, Peppermint is a good choice.

protien will keep you full.

try eggs with breakfast 2 whites 1 yolk scrambles with spices to zip up the flavor, that will help you keep full. Drop all processed sugars for a bit untull you can get your cravings under control. THIS will help yoou need eat less junk and give you more energy.

have protein at every meal, tuna or chicken at lunch... you get the idea.

If you want some other tips or suggestions to lose weight without hurting yourself, friend me and I would be happy to help.

PLEASE dont take diet supplements they will not help you. you are not only hurting yourself but the people you love when they watch you waste away. no doctor in the world with your best interests at heart would suggest them.
  • ameerah77
    ameerah77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Hoodia with Green Tea. It helps with the hunger and it's natural. I also eat FULL bars at times when I forget to take my Hoodia, and they really help, but don't help with energy. They're a little expensive though...
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have used Redline for energy and it does suppress your apetite. I have recently stopped taking them as I have decided that I do not need supplements to make me have energy. I continue to exercise and still have lots of energy, so i figure it was all in my mind. as fare as weight loss, it did not help me lose weight any faster. i am like you, i have roughly 10 pounds left to lose and it is just not coming off. i am just going to continue to exercise and watch my diet and eventually i will lose the rest:wink: