halloween :-D

Options
Whats everyone doing for halloween?

were just staying in, having a scary dvd night and giving treats to the trick or treaters,

anyone making treats for their trick or treaters, i was thinking of doing those candy apples!

:)

Replies

• BSero1982
    Options
    Taking the kids out, gonna dress up with them! (as the green king pig from angry birds!) lol, then come back and watch some Ghost Adventures! Keepin it low key! :D
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Hedonism and debauchery, it seems.
    -wtk
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Most children are not allowed to eat homemade treats they receive when trick or treating. It's lovely that you want to make the effort, but there is a very high likelihood that your effort will be wasted.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a party this Saturday dressed as Freddy Krueger...On the actual Halloween night, we will go for horror movies because they are not trick or treaters in our area.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Dressing up my youngest for the parade they do through the town before going house to house....Love walking around and talking with all the people that I know in town..
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Whats everyone doing for halloween?

were just staying in, having a scary dvd night and giving treats to the trick or treaters,

anyone making treats for their trick or treaters, i was thinking of doing those candy apples!

:)

their parents probably wouldn't allow them to eat a homemade treat. at least my mom never would.
  • dshiemke
    dshiemke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can't stay in to hand out candy... I'll eat too much of it. I'm taking my son out trick or treating around the neighborhood. I hope the weather is nice.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Trick-or -treating with kiddo while avoiding candy temptation....plan to dress up rock-a-billy style.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Most children are not allowed to eat homemade treats they receive when trick or treating. It's lovely that you want to make the effort, but there is a very high likelihood that your effort will be wasted.

I totally agree with this! They'd be great to give to people you know PERSONALLY, but to hand out to kids who don't know you - chances are good that they'll end up in the trash at the end of the evening.

We're going to a Halloween party on Saturday night - Night of the Living Dead theme (come as a dead person or a zombie). Hubby and I are going as Cleopatra and Marc Antony (NOT Marc Anthony - ex Mr. J-Lo! LOL!). On trick or treat night, hubby will stay home and hand out goodies to the trick or treaters with another dad in the neighborhood and I'll take our younger daughter around the neighborhood with the mom and her girls.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    by myself watching scary movies?

I've been invited to a party, but I'm lame.
  • mrs_rachel_lynch
    Options
    hmmm ok no homemade treats then :) ive not done it before just thought i might this year, use to love that when we were little, but think ill leave it :)
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Going out with friends. We never get trick or treaters.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Last year I had two HUGE (300 pieces) candy bags for the trick-or-treaters in my apartment, and I had two kids come to my door. Needless to say, my office got a lot of candy the next day.

I wish I had more trick or treaters in my bldg!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    celebrating my birthday!!!!! ;)
  • mrs_rachel_lynch
    Options
    celebrating my birthday!!!!! ;)

Thats so cool! you could have a fancy dress themed birthday party :-D