free exercises that burn calories quick!

Options
2»

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    *On Demand workouts (including 30ds) all free
    *parking far away and walking to the store
    *walking anywhere
    *dancing in my living room - do this all the time!

Pre-MFP when I was just starting the whole healthier lifestyle thing I bought a cheap pedometer and started parking on the far side of the lot when shopping or parking a block away when running errands. I've since gotten rid of the pedometer but the habits are still there. I always get a few extra steps in whenever I can:)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Boxing! We have a big boxing bag hanging in the garage. If I want to jack up the HR, just go punch the bag for a while. Dance while you do it and mix in some kicks and it's a full body workout!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    LOVE www.bodyrocktv.com and www.toneitup.com I do a shredmil 2.o workout that is on the TIU site. My HRM says I burn 400+ cals with that one. It's a HIIT workout.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    swimming.......free if you live by the sea lol.....otherwise only a small fee at the pool.Its fantastic allround burner.Gives you pluses on stamina strength and suppleness and it doesnt hurt your joints because of your buoyancy.
    2nd!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    10 burpees
    10 switch kicks with each leg
    10 jump squats
    That counts as 1 set, repeat for 10 sets. I can burn 400-500cals in 20 mins. if I go non-stop and only take short breaks at the end of a set.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    10 burpees
    10 switch kicks with each leg
    10 jump squats
    That counts as 1 set, repeat for 10 sets. I can burn 400-500cals in 20 mins. if I go non-stop and only take short breaks at the end of a set.

What are the switch kicks? I might try this in the am. :drinker:
  • ruthiebear123
    ruthiebear123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go walking with my double pram (it's heavy! Specially with the little ones in it!) and walk to work and back! I'm wanting to get a gym membership soon! The you tube idea is brilliant gonna look it up when kids r napping! :) X
  • sandrasayre
    sandrasayre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE HULA HOOP!!!!!