Healthy dishes at common restaraunts

Options
So, every day I eat out for lunch. I don't bring my lunch... ever. I know, I know... still. Knowing this, can you fitness pals suggest some really healthy foods that I can get at common restaurants? I have a ton of places around me. I work in Southern California. I usually go to sit-down places like Islands, P.F. Changs, Tokyo Wako, Cheesecake Factory, Hurry Curry, Sushi places, Barney's Beanery, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Booyah Saki!

Replies

• Booyah_Saki
    Options
    So, every day I eat out for lunch. I don't bring my lunch... ever. I know, I know... still. Knowing this, can you fitness pals suggest some really healthy foods that I can get at common restaurants? I have a ton of places around me. I work in Southern California. I usually go to sit-down places like Islands, P.F. Changs, Tokyo Wako, Cheesecake Factory, Hurry Curry, Sushi places, Barney's Beanery, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Booyah Saki!
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Have you looked to see if these restaurants have nutrition facts on their websites? I've found that really helpful when eating out!

Also, if their website doesn't have nutrition facts, try these websites:
    www.calorieking.com
    www.thedailyplate.com
    www.myfitnesspal.com

Hope this helps! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Try this site. You can input the name of the restaurant and it will give you the nutritional value on certain meals. :smile:

OR........You could always bring your lunch :wink:

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    My choices:
    6" or 12" Veggie Delite Sub at Subway. I usually have enough calories allotted for lunch that I can get it with cheese and a very small amount of their sweet onion sauce. It's very good. - 503 calories for the foot long with sauce, and around 252 for the 6inch with sauce.

Veggie Fajita Burrito Bol at Chipotle. I order it with a bol (no tortilla), rice, fajitas, no beans, hot salsa, mild salsa, no cheese, a little sour cream, guacamole, and lettuce. - 485 calories

I don't eat meat, so maybe these are options for you, and maybe not. I quite enjoy them and with the way I order both I can get Subway or Chipotle for under 500 calories at lunch. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get my Chipotle fix!

I don't eat out at sit-down restaurants enough to know what's good, but I figure that Subway and Chipotle are everywhere so maybe this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • Booyah_Saki
    Options
    The nutrition sites don't comment of the taste of the foods, unfortunately. I am asking what my fellow fitness pals actually like to eat.
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    small mashed potatoes with gravy from kfc is only 130 calories. and it tastes good
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Try to get brown rice at the sushi places if you can.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    BTW- if you do like sushi, it is a great option! You can eat so much sushi for 300 calories, let alone 500.

Stick with the sushi rolls and sashimi. Stay away from the appetizers like tempura. Try not to pick rolls that have cream cheese or any rolls that are deep fried (probably obvious). I usually go for tuna rolls, unagi sashimi, California rolls, avocado rolls, and salmon sashimi. The MFP data base already has tons of sushi entered in and since sushi is pretty much the same everywhere, I'd say it's pretty accurate.

Don't forget to include the soy sauce, pickled ginger, and wasabi in your food log.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Yum ... sashimi salad .. now that's a treat that fits well into my diet ... just not so much my pocketbook!