Hello from California

Options
I stumbled on this site and am so happy! What a great resource.

Here's my current status:
42 (feeling perimenopausal), married, currently job hunting
198 lbs. (put on 15 since November - ouch)
5'5"
Had hand injury last year and still working through it. Have cast on currently (protecting plate added to hand) and not sure how much I can do in gym after cast comes off -will be slow going I fear.

Here's my goal:
Stay married, find job lol
160-170 lbs (want to be realistic)

My husband is also joining me in our quest to eat healthier (he has no weight to lose though so often he overlooks the fat/carb content of our meals) and be more active.

In next two weeks I will be looking into fitness options for post-cast removal and beginning my food diary.

That's me! Helps to write it all out. Chris

Replies

• Sulai22
    Sulai22 Posts: 5
    Options
    I stumbled on this site and am so happy! What a great resource.

Here's my current status:
    42 (feeling perimenopausal), married, currently job hunting
    198 lbs. (put on 15 since November - ouch)
    5'5"
    Had hand injury last year and still working through it. Have cast on currently (protecting plate added to hand) and not sure how much I can do in gym after cast comes off -will be slow going I fear.

Here's my goal:
    Stay married, find job lol
    160-170 lbs (want to be realistic)

My husband is also joining me in our quest to eat healthier (he has no weight to lose though so often he overlooks the fat/carb content of our meals) and be more active.

In next two weeks I will be looking into fitness options for post-cast removal and beginning my food diary.

That's me! Helps to write it all out. Chris
  • tcx3
    tcx3 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Chris. Welcome! I joined MFP a while back, but just recently am taking it seriously. Like you, I am going to be 42 this year, 5'5" but a little heavier than 198! A good work out would be just to walk. Get moving. So far this month, I have lost 12 pounds mainly from watching my calories, but I have started to exercise more. Good luck to you! Terri
  • tcx3
    Options
    Hi Chris. Welcome! I joined MFP a while back, but just recently am taking it seriously. Like you, I am going to be 42 this year, 5'5" but a little heavier than 198! A good work out would be just to walk. Get moving. So far this month, I have lost 12 pounds mainly from watching my calories, but I have started to exercise more. Good luck to you! Terri
  • tcx3
    Options
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: