PB2 ..thumbs up or thumbs down?

Options
Was thinking of ordering some. What does everyone thinK? I absolutely love peanut butter so I am thinking this would work nicely. Can u make a bunch of it ahead and store it in jar? How is the chocolate one?

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    First of all, what is pb2?
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I use something similar called Just Great Stuff and I give it 2 thumbs up. I just make 2 tablespoons at a time, it's fast and easy.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's definitely not as rich as regular peanut butter, but it goes well in smoothies and rehydrates nicely. I think my favorite thing to do with it is to mix 1 Tbsp of it in 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt and dip apples in that...it's excellent! I highly recommend it if you have a peanut butter addiction but you need to keep your fat in the lower range. My favorite is actually the chocolate.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    bump
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The chocolate one is just cocoa powder mixed with the powdered peanut butter, so you can make that yourself.

I like the PB2 but only for certain things. Like I mix it in my granola because it won't make it moist, but I don't see the sense of using it on a sandwich since it makes so little compared to a regular jar of peanut butter. (plus I have no issue with spending 200 calories on peanut butter)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    my new favorite thing...so good
  • SeaShell33
    Options
    I didnt like it...I figure if I want a PB sandwich or something, I will work the real thing in my calories for the day =) it might be good for baking or something...
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Very tasty... can't make it in advance. It only stays good for a few days once you reconstitute it. I recommend it highly!
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on doctor oz and was going to ask it on here :)

I really want to try it
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use it in my shakes and would probably try baking or as suggested in yogurt as dip, but i did mix it up and try it on bread and ill just stick to Jif for that!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it in things, but made a peanut butter sandwich with it. It's a little different but it's alright. I used cold water the first time making it but it was better with warm. Thumb sideways I guess.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't like it for sandwiches, but it is GREAT for dips, shakes, baking, coffee/hot coco.... YUM!
  • CLA2801
    CLA2801 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up! I really like it.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Love it! Except you can't get it in the UK...anyone want to ship it to me...?
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I mix it up in shakes and I use it in my oatmeal too.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I love it and buy it 4 bags at a time from the website... :D
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I liked it, but i havent had real pb in almost a year
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I love it...on apples, waffles or just by itself for a protein boost!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Dipping my apples in it right now and it is much better with apples than on bread! It's very good that way! I will change to a thumbs up on apples!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I love both regular and chocolate - but only for some things.

I use it dry as an apple dipper, or sprinkled on banana slices.
    I add the powder to oatmeal or a protein shake.

But for peanut butter sandwich, or for a more decadent fruit dipper - I just eat the real thing from a jar. :) I just figure it into my calories for the day.