Wii Fit Plus?

Does anyone have this and use it regularly? I have a small fitness center in my apartment complex and I don't want to have to join a gym. I was thinking about supplementing with a Wii Fit. I don't own a Wii so I'd have to buy everything. Is it worth it?

Rachel

Replies

• ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    i had one until it crashed on me but i absoulutely loved mine. i dont think that it burned that many calories but was definately fun. i really miss the scale part also. if you have kids its great way to spend time together. i would recomomend it for an easier workout.
    good luck
  • michaelaleighfle
    michaelaleighfle Posts: 49 Member
    i love it, i play the biggest loser game a lot on it.
  • kayelrick
    kayelrick Posts: 31 Member
    I have one and I use it every day. Mainly I do stepping on it. I love the scales (I don't own separate ones) and the way the calories burnt are worked out for you . . .
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    I love mine, I do belong to a gym, but sometimes life gets in the way and I can not make it there. On the days I cannot make it to the gym I use my Wii Fit+ or other fitness games. I use my HRM as I am using it for fitness and you would be surprised at how much you can actually burn on it.

The key like any other thing is actually using it once you get it.
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    I have wiifit plus, and use it 3 times a week... My flexibility has increased tremendously, and i have lost over 100lbs... It's no longer the only thing I do for excercise, but when I first started (first 6 months) I would do a pilates/yoga routine on wiifit for about an hour... I don't think it's intense enough to be the only excercise for someone who can handle a lot of activity (can do more intensive exercise), but it's a great way to keep your flexiblity up... and the games are fun... ;-)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    I HAVE 2! I love it. its fun to do. The hula hoop excersise is the best! they did a study on women doing that and they saw results best with the hula hoop one. but its great for basic stuff. even has a twenty min run on it.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    To be honest, I don't know if it's worth the expense. We happened to have Wii Fit Plus and I find that my kids enjoy it more than I do. Before you make the purchase... maybe see if someone you know will let you borrow it. Do you have access to exercisetv on demand? You could get great workouts for free that way... Also, I hear people raving about bodyrock.tv and it's programs online... Good luck!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    I've used ours when in a pinch, it's not bad. Some activities are better than others but overall you can get a decent cardio workout going on it. Just find the activities you like and make sure you do them for a time and intensity that really gets you're heart going and works up a sweat.
  • i love it, i play the biggest loser game a lot on it.

ooooh what is this game?? i have wii fit and use the scales only weekly
  • Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks everyone! Any feedback on other gaming consoles? Is there anything similar on the Xbox connect or PS3?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    heard good things about kinect. the dance game. and they have zumba
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    The Wii is definitely worth it, but there are better exercise Wii "games" out there as far as calorie burns. I rarely use my Wii Fit anymore :( My all-time favorite is Gold's Gym Cardio Dance. It has Latin dance (Zumba), and cardio boxing plus other fun activities like Bull Fighting. I use it several times a week and burn 300-400 cals per hour. There are other great games out there as well.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I use my Wii ALL the time - I do Biggest Loser on it, Wii Fit and Wii Zumba when I work out 6 days a week. I have lost 62 lbs using my Wii - and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world!!