Luna Protein Bar

Options
I had a Mint Chocalate Chip and it was salty. Is this suppose to be how it taste or did I get a bad one?

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Protein is usually salty...hope this helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the Blueberry Bliss one, but the rest are kinda "eh..." for me.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i don't like the 'protein bars'...i just mildly like the regular Luna bars. they are very sweet to me (the regular ones).
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    IDK, I would hope u just got a bad one. I was just looking at all the energy bars in the grocery store (King Soopers) & I was shocked to realize how much sugar & carbs Luna bars contain! :sad:

I got a Balance bar instead ... Also: I compared KS generic brand chewy chocolate granola bars to a more expensive, "thin" chocolate breakfast bar & the generic KS brand has more protein, less fat & Potassium ... so just FYI ~ sometimes generics are better & cheaper! :bigsmile:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the mint chocolate one, but the lemon one is yum. The peanut butter one is eh.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Luna bars have never tasted salty to me. Overly sweet, though, I don't eat them often. But if you've been cutting back on sodium you'll notice that lots of things taste saltier than they used to. A friend of mine noticed this the other day, his wife has been buying everything with lower sodium and over time he's now much more sensitive to the taste of salt.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you can find it the Chocolate Raspberry one is very good (and very sweet). Almost tastes like a candy bar. I use it as a treat but for some reason it is a very hard to find in my area.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The mint chocolate chip protein Luna is pretty dense, but not that salty (try another one if you can). I like it and eat it.
    If you haven't already, you can try single serving bars almost anywhere like Target or Mariano's.

And a previous poster above mentioned that if you've been cutting down on sodium, things definitely can taste saltier than before. Good luck!
  • BeckyReba
    BeckyReba Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    the smores is the bestttttt :):)