"lose"/"loose"... AHA!

Options
wiggleroom
wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
My daughters were just discussing "lose" vs. "loose" and my 12-year-old came up with a great little reminder:

"When you LOSE, you LOSE an O; LOOSE is LOOSE enough that there's room for an extra!"

With all the posts I've seen about people getting these words confused, I thought I'd share. =)

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    haha thats funny!!! Yes soooooooooo many people on here get the two mixed up!!!
  • newnicole
    Options
    i loved this post :)
    so true
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    haha, i never realized it was that hard for ppl to know the difference until i saw so many mess it up on here. for a while i was wondering if it was a difference in maybe US vs England or something...but no...just ppl that can't spell. lol
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Glad you guys like it! I accidentally posted it twice -- =(
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo glad you posted this.. It's been bugging me that so many people don't know the difference!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I think its funny that most adults get it wrong, but your 12-year-old knows what's what! Nice!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What a smart kid your daughter is. I love that.
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Very cute! :smile:
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Great way to remember it!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Bump for people who are less grammatically correct than a 12 year old.
  • yeaforme
    Options
    I actually had to search this to see if anyone else noticed! I even went online to see if lose was spelled loose in other countries!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    haha, i never realized it was that hard for ppl to know the difference until i saw so many mess it up on here. for a while i was wondering if it was a difference in maybe US vs England or something...but no...just ppl that can't spell. lol

I thought the same thing!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in a similar thread; but it merits repeating...

Grammar: The difference between knowing your *kitten* and knowing you're *kitten*.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

Yeah, I wondered this too! I thought maybe it was like color/colour or yogurt/yoghurt, but nope!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Finally!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger.

This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Please make sure we are following the forum guidelines as stated below. If not this thread may be locked.

MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.