Gymnastics

Options
Hey everyone! First of all, I'd like to comment on how amazing this website is, I just joined two days ago and its so supportive and everyone is so great. I heard about you from a few people from tumblr who swear that mfp is really great.

Anyways, on to my dilemma. So I currently coach gymnastics from toddlers to teens to pre competitive. I coach about 14-16 hours a week. However, im concerned because I'm not sure how to fit this into my exercise for the day because someday I'll run with the kids or go on the trampoline or do cartwheels or demonstrate things or run after 3 years around when they escape a class. But most of time I'm spotting which I guess is strength training and conditiong.

So I'm wondering what I should do because obviously exercise has to even out with your calories but I just don't know how much this is adding to my amount of fitness a day. Gah so confused, any help would be great!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You'd probably be better off changing your daily activity level rather than try to log this as exercise.

I used to be a rhythmic gymnast.
  • 007DIVA
    007DIVA Posts: 12
    Options
    I am also a competitive gymnastics coach and I coach between 25-30 hours a week. I don't include coaching in my cardio or strength training, I just made sure that I put my daily activity to what fits what most of my days are like. I hope this makes sense and helps.
  • kyleighmacd
    kyleighmacd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, so maybe setting my activity level to very active would be ideal?