What time of the day do you like to workout?

Options
What time of the day do you like to workout?

I used to workout in the a.m., but just cant get my feet moving to the the 30 DS now. I am wide awake, but my feet are NOT. So now I workout in the evenings...right after work.

For the ppl working out in the a.m., what at home workouts do you do??

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I workout while my boys nap, usually around 1 or 2pm. I just finished the 30DS and I start Ripped in 30 today. On Friday's I get up early to workout cuz my husband gets off work early and I don't really like the audience, lol.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I prefer working out in the A.M. I do not work out at home. I go to the gym at 5am and workout until 630am. Less people = more workout machines available at the gym for me to use. :)
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do a jog in the AM, nice start to the day, and if I do strength training I usually do it later in the evening. Although I don't hold myself to this schedule, it usually works out this way.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, so I have flexibility that others do not. That said, I work out right after I drop the kids off, which brings me to about 8:00. I also go to a morning yoga class. I like mornings because then I can get dressed and cute, and be done with it.

At home, I have weights so I can bang out a strength exercise in about 30 mins. I'll ride my bike or go for a walk. I want to try Zumba Wii.

Who are these people who can exercise at 5:30 or 6:00 AM??? Ugh, I can't even imagine!!!! Clearly I'm not an early morning person. Or a regular morning person for that matter! I"d love to get up at 9 in the morning! haha
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like to workout at 5:30 in the morning. My workouts are anything from Yoga, 30DS, Ri30, spinning, No More Trouble Zones and some dance workouts. After I am done my workout I know that I done for the day and that is a great feeling. Some days if I don't feel like I have worked hard enough in the morning, I will spin later that night.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout in the AM when I don't work. I workout after work during the week.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I try to work out between the time I get home from work and the dinner.
    I've tried to wake up in the morning to exercise but I've discovered that I'm not a morning person.

Depending on where I'm working, and what kind of crazy client hours I might have, I also try to hit the gym at lunch and then stay a little later at work. In my area, it's best not to be on the roads during rush hour times or a 30 minute commute will become 90 minutes.
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    I am a night owl by by nature, but have found that my day is more productive when I work out in the a.m. My day is started off on the right foot. Even if the bottom falls out during the day, which at some times, it can, I have accomplished something. I am currently doing Rev Abs.
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    early morning. . .5am. Not in my home, i have to get out of the house, wether it be running, cycling, or heading to the gym for weights or swimming.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Evenings. It's weird because I'm a morning person and very hyper, but my energy level reaches its peak around 5pm. I cannot for the life of me workout before noon, its like my core being just cant do it. I read an article once that said the energy level varies from person to person.
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:15 in the morning and do 30 DS. It's the only time that works for me to be able to do it regularly. I am not a morning person, but somehow this works for me and I feel good throughout the day knowing it's accomplished.
  • Nataliejones5730
    Options
    I'm not a morning person either...and I used to say the same thing about people that can get up that early in the morning :)
    I just recently started TEAM Fitness at my gym that meets on Mon, Wed, and Friday mornings at 6AM!!! I know right...but you know it only took a couple of weeks to get used to it and it makes me feel so much better throughout the day. However, I don't have kids so it's easier for me to do that. :) It's nice, because now I can go home right after work if I'm really tired. But really, I'm still not a morning person lol
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do a quick 30 minute workout at 5:30 am in my garage. I run 3 miles on the treadmill or I'll do the elliptical machine. I never miss this workout because life doesn't always guarantee that I will be able to do my real workout in the afternoon (I have 4 kids at home). In the afternoon I'll do the 30DS level 2 and then run 3 miles or I'll skip the shred and run longer. This workout happens somewhere between 3 - 4 pm.
  • JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm an early bird. Get in there and get it done! But then I do zumba twice a week after work as well.
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    I like to workout in the morning, but I usually end up doing it instead in the afternoon.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Depends...on the days I work, I workout in the evening and on my days off I prefer to go in the morning, not early, but mid morning. Sometimes, on my days off, I'll go workout again in the evenings. So it really depends on my mood.
  • Steph62002
    Options
    I prefer first thing in the morning. I normally lift weights in the morning, but I do better with cardio in the evenings. I don't think I'm awake enough or coordinated to handle that at 5am. :yawn:
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I workout out in the morning and evenings...some days I will get a walk in the afternoon...I do 30-DS and I follow the beginners side in the morning and the advance in the evening..
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am a night owl, and most of the time I like to work out in the evening, late evening, even the middle of the night! I have always struggled with sleep issues, basically since I was a baby. If I have class or a day off, I usually wake up between 7-9am, and before class I won't really work out. If I'm working day shift I'm usually up at 5:30 and have hopefully at least had a few hours' sleep so no way I'll get up even earlier and exercise LOL. On a day off though I'll often spend most of the day "exercising" as I'll be out doing outdoorsy things.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    At night, after I get out of work but before I eat dinner. If I eat, it's over unless I want to go really late. My energy levels aren't always the best but I found out it helps to drink a cup or a half cup of coffee right before I go to the gym. Perks me up.