New with a Turbo Jam question

Options
Hello my name is Brittany and I am new to these boards, and am so happy to have found this website.

My question is about the number of calories burned while doing TurboJam. Does anybody have an estimate?

Thaks

Replies

• BrittanyTh
    Options
    Hello my name is Brittany and I am new to these boards, and am so happy to have found this website.

My question is about the number of calories burned while doing TurboJam. Does anybody have an estimate?

Thaks
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started out putting under "kickboxing" which for me was about 11 cal/min. But then I just bought a Polar heart rate monitor and for me it was closer to 8 cal/min, so I was actually giving myself too many calories by just putting it under the kickboxing. The best way to make sure it's really accurate is to get a heart rate monitor (Polar is the best!)
  • BrittanyTh
    Options
    Thanks!! That helps..
  • imcrystal
    imcrystal Posts: 21
    Options
    Brittany - I also do Turbo Jam - and it really depends on how much you put into it. A heart rate monitor is probably the best way to know what your persoal calories burned would be.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I think there is a kickboxing option in the exercise section? I think that might be close.
    Or high impact aerobic. Depends on how hard you are workin' it! Do you have the weighted gloves? That really ups the intensity! I have a Polar F6 HRM that I use to see how many cals I am burning now.

Good luck, I love TJ and Chalene is awesome! :bigsmile:
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use weighted gloves- I bought Turbo Jam about 4 years ago (before they had the gloves) so I bought them online at Walmart.com and had them shipped to the store for free. They only cost around $11 and it makes SUCH a big difference.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I used the kickboxing option until I got a HRM...comparatively they were pretty close.

We have a Turbo Jam thread, we'd love to see you there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47447-turbo-jammers-3-30-4-5