Protein...

Options
I cannot eat gluten or wheat.... I mostly get my carbs through fresh fruit. I was wondering with the protein count thing and going over how does this work. I mostly eat proteins and fresh fruit and veggies. Every now and then, I do have gluten free pasta and pancakes.

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    don't worry about going over in protein. I, and several others, believe the MFP pre-set protein goal is too low. if you're focused on lean proteins, together with fruit and veggies, you should be fine.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    The more protein the better. If you go over on protein, no problem. In fact, MFP recommendations are quite low for protein anyways.
  • Mercerlove
    Options
    Thanks... I was really starting to freak out a bit....
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    its better to go over proteins- proteins are essential for muscle growth and development
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The more protein the better unless your Doctor has advised you otherwise.

But protein needs to come from Lean Meats/Fish. Fruit and Veggies can not give you all that you need and fruit while a great food should still have some moderation due to its sugar content.

Best of Luck!!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    don't worry about going over in protein. I, and several others, believe the MFP pre-set protein goal is too low. if you're focused on lean proteins, together with fruit and veggies, you should be fine.

agreed!