EASTER Fitness Challenge Check-In March 2nd

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
Happy Sunday from Snowy Colorado! You know, it was 79 down in town yesterday ~ expecting 'heavy accumulations of snow' today. Crazy Colorado weather! My hubby will be GLAD he got his new snowblower up and running yesterday!

I did level 3 of both the Biggest Loser Power Sculp and Cardio Max & I rode my bike for 45 min. I also got my waters in, took my vitamins & meds, and tracked ALL of my food (even all of the bad stuff I had at Casa Bonita for lunch ~ anyone see that episode of South Park?). I unfortunately pulled my quad muscle ~ the same one I tore really bad quite a few years back ~ and am going to have to modify my exercising. Don't want to injure it more. Since I personally consider abs work as part of weight/strength training I am going to work on that today to give my quad and the rest of my sore muscles a little break. I'll reevaluate tomorrow to see what I want to do. Anyway, I can't quite say 'so far so good' but my chart is completely filled in for this week so I'll keep at it. Oh, and my blood pressure is WAY down! Yeah! My doctor doubled my dose of meds but I can't help but think that my better eating again is helping too.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday from Snowy Colorado! You know, it was 79 down in town yesterday ~ expecting 'heavy accumulations of snow' today. Crazy Colorado weather! My hubby will be GLAD he got his new snowblower up and running yesterday!

I did level 3 of both the Biggest Loser Power Sculp and Cardio Max & I rode my bike for 45 min. I also got my waters in, took my vitamins & meds, and tracked ALL of my food (even all of the bad stuff I had at Casa Bonita for lunch ~ anyone see that episode of South Park?). I unfortunately pulled my quad muscle ~ the same one I tore really bad quite a few years back ~ and am going to have to modify my exercising. Don't want to injure it more. Since I personally consider abs work as part of weight/strength training I am going to work on that today to give my quad and the rest of my sore muscles a little break. I'll reevaluate tomorrow to see what I want to do. Anyway, I can't quite say 'so far so good' but my chart is completely filled in for this week so I'll keep at it. Oh, and my blood pressure is WAY down! Yeah! My doctor doubled my dose of meds but I can't help but think that my better eating again is helping too.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is a light day. . .I'm going to try to get in some extra walking (cold but sunny here) and then I might do a dance workout I have tivo'ed. I've sort of made Sunday an optional day off. And, my "special lady time" has arrived, so I have to be careful anyways. (for me, if I push it too hard, I always get sick. . .hooray for fibro.) (But, really, two days off a week . . .oh, the decadence of maintenance)

I'm so glad about your BP, Niccole.

Happy Sunday, ladies.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I'm taking the day off today. I might go for a walk, but other than my normal stuff (housecleaning, gardening), that's it!

Yesterday I made it through the three hours teaching with no problem. The classes were smaller and I was more confident. I got plenty of "thank yous" from the class. I did have someone speak during corpse pose, but other than that it went smoothly. My legs were so tired after class - I didn't want to do anything all day. I went for a walk, but more for the sun than the exercise. Some days you just need to process that vitamin D.

I count abs as strength too.

Next Sunday I'm going to try the new class at the gym (they just started being open Sunday mornings) - some sort of circuit training. I'll need it too - next Sunday is the chocolate festival. Got your attention?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls, I haven't posted lately, had company and have been too busy to come to the site even. Needless to say I haven't had time to exercise. People visiting really messes with any routine I am used to. I really wish I had a room where I could put all my exercise videos, my yoga stuff and my treadmill. I feel uncomfortable about doing it in the living room when there are alot of people around. I am still managing to get my PT done ( in my bedroom) my waters in and my vitamins. Its sunny out today so I will try to get a walk in. I have three different sets of company coming and going though. Family and friends visiting, working on my daughters house, coming home to see us. I hope this next week is better. No filled in chart so no shopping:grumble: See you all tomorrow.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All...from Portland.

I've been on the road now for five days -- forty more to go. *Sigh*

The schedule for the TV show we are shooting has been pretty tough, but I'm managing to squeeze in workouts here and there. Finding an hour straight to get my cardio done (my goal, per my doctor, to rehab my knee) has been a real challenge but this morning I managed to log 48 minutes on the bike before I had to bolt to a meeting.

I'm really glad I found a gym near the hotel that's open early and stays open late -- it's been a lifesaver already.

Anyway, enough mindless chatter.

Today I did 48 minutes on the bike, and a very quick 20 minutes of circuit training with weights. Tonight I'm going to do a short 30 minute yoga Lunar Salutation podcast I downloaded, as well as 15 minutes of abs.

Great job on the BP, Niccole! And good luck to all of you...
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yipee, sunshine :glasses: ! It's in the 50s so I threw on some shorts & a t-shirt and went for a run.

Not very long, but I haven't been able to do this particular route without stopping in a few years. It's basically three miles of constant hills. I was a bit off my 10min pace, but at least I finished! Even with a car creeping along with me as I ran to ask directions!

(We live just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, so tourists are always asking "where am I?" and "How do I get to Boone?") :laugh:

Everyone hang in there.:flowerforyou:

Niccole, you have to be so happy to know the bp is under control. Maybe now that you aren't stressing, your body will cooperate with the weight. I know that's been heavy on you mind (no pun intended)!

kjlose, if you are stil playing gopher at your daughters house, then you are working out. It may not always come in the most obvious form, but so long as you aren't sitting on the couch while eating, you're doing great!
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    bad day today its mothers day and I am taking it easy good for me bad for exercise went shopping tis morning then to see the in laws then to see my mother and then home to cook a beautiful chili for dinner my family coming round so I tried to make healthy about 400 cals then add rice about 200 and I am stuffed but couldn't resist a cupcake I have finally found the perfect icing and the perfect cake mix not very healthy but we all need little treats every now and again to keep us sane. The only trouble is now I have tasted how good my cupcakes are (like pure heaven) I am going to struggle when I make them for the kids now that I am not allowed one (tonight was a one off research if you can call it that).

Willpower Willpower Willpower I need to learn some.!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Anyhow no walk no elliptical but I haven't had a day off exercise since new years day and I am pretty tired

Heres to Monday back to normal. (and a large basket of ironing to do)
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Congrats on all the hard work and great things happening like lower BP. I too have seen the improvement on BP but not much else. Stress from work and the "Ex" is still eating me alive but I did go out for a 22 mile bike ride yesterday. When I went to the Veloway (3.17 mile track for bikes and roller blades) there were 2 trailers there with demo bikes. They set me up with a sweat ride!!! I traded my mountain bike for the day with a high end road bike. The 22 miles I felt in different places than my mountain bike. Really had me dreaming all 7 laps around the veloway. The $3,000 price tag is way out of my league but what a great work out anyway.:smokin:

My teen daughter and her friends wanted Mom's cooking and then they made cookies. Yesterday I put them in a container and told them to take them anywhere but upstairs looking at me. I made our special taco salad last night for dinner, biscuits and gravy this morning (only 1 with a slim fast) and the kids were gone at lunch so I had a salad and tonight my special tortilla soup. Today I gave in and had instead of 1 or 2 GOOD snacks I had 3 really BAD snacks. :frown:

With my calories only being over by about 200 calories today (great lunch and dinner) made up for a lot but I went to do a short work out in front of my DVD player. Today has been windy all day so I did not want to get back on my bike. Besides a bit hard to ride the slug compared to the sleek light road bike.

I hope to have my 3 pain in the neck loans closed and a lot of stress relieved by the end of the week. I really am thinking of changing businesses because I want life a bit easier. Hubby is not happy with that because we work together and he needs my Broker's license so I can't go anywhere right now. :sad:

No real weight loss for the past 3 weeks. :noway:

Have a great week everyone!

LtSoccerMom
    Stacy