Some how it's not working...

Options
I've been exercising at least 4 times a week and more than 90 minutes everytime and eatning just under 1300 calories but somehow I'm not losing weight. I don't understand, is it because my metablism is lower or it's something, or is it because I eat too little calories that my body's metablism slows down. I don't know.

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Make sure you are following the diet correctly, with healthy food, and forget about anything else... it will work out eventually.
  • lilyannette
    Options
    I've lost 8 pounds on a super strict diet before this and now I'm slowing down on losing weight, I wonder if it's because I do less exercise now or what. When I was losing the pound I eat less than 1000 calories per day. Is that healthy?
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Is 1300 calories what MFP suggested you eat? If it is,then relax, count your calories, try to eat healthy, and eat back at least half of your exercise calories. It's important to feed your body, just do it wisely. You can do this, and if you keep it up, the pounds will come off, it just takes time. Never give up!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Are you netting under 1200 calories a day? 1300 minus the number of calories you burn=what?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Are you netting under 1200 calories a day? 1300 minus the number of calories you burn=what?

This
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I have found my body needs all the calories I'm alotted. Sounds crazy, but our bodies need fuel to run and to burn fat and build muscle. I eat almost all of my exercise calories. Sometimes I save them if I know I have an event or dinner out, but I try to balance out throughout a week to have eaten most available calories.
    Also, I track my sodium and sugar as well. You can turn that on in the options. It is astounding how much salt you will find in things.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Great here we go again with all these numbers. I should have paid more attention to algebra I guess.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

This

This^2
  • lilyannette
    Options
    My net calories most of the time = 1000~ 800 something, or sometime I don't do exercise then its 1300.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • missdune
    missdune Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are really recording *every bite* of food. I gained most of my weight through BTLs -- bites, tastes and licks. When I started recording the BTLs I was taking, I was stunned to discover that often just a bite of food was 50+ calories (just a "bite" of steak, peanut butter, a handful of almonds...). It doesn't take much food to tip you over the line between losing and not losing, and when you look at that way it's easy to see that taking a few extra mindless (and often not very rewarding) "bites" daily can make all the difference. Even now, when I plateau, it's generally because I've started tasting my own cooking too much again without recording it in MFP ;).
  • missdune
    Options
    I agree with the folks who say to make sure you are eating enough, too. I eat most of my workout calories, too. For me, it all comes down to the journal and keeping track of exactly what goes into my mouth.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My net calories most of the time = 1000~ 800 something, or sometime I don't do exercise then its 1300.
    This could be the problem. When you don't eat enough on a regular basis, your body might start slowing down certain processes in order to be more efficient on the calories its getting. Anything over the amount it thinks it needs, the body might simply store for future use, like on those days you don't work out yet still eat 1300 calories.

This is not an argument about whether to eat your exercise calories or not. It's about not netting below a healthy level of fuel for your body.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

Assuming you are logging everything properly (e.g., counting everything and measuring properly where necessary), I agree with this. I was doing 1200 to a T and running 6 days/week, and I was losing less than a pound a week, if anything. I pushed my goal up to 1400 so that with exercise I was netting at least 1000, and if I felt like eating more, I would, so that I was netting 1200-1300. I wouldn't force it, though, so some days were higher than others, and sometimes I had days where I only ate 1150 calories but still ran. Anyway, since eating more and occasionally having "lighter" eating days, I have been losing 2-3 lbs/week (I've lost nearly 10# in the last 30 days, which is the most I've lost in a month since the first month).

Seriously, never underestimate the power of eating more! Just make sure what you're putting into your body is fuel - don't load up on crappy foods just to fulfill your calorie goals :wink:
  • missdune
    Options
    Well said, Qarol.
  • lilyannette
    Options
    Oh my, I been worring about that for a long time, I been thinking whether I should be some more like this food diary said or I shold keep to my super strict plan. Thanks guys.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    This could be the problem. When you don't eat enough on a regular basis, your body might start slowing down certain processes in order to be more efficient on the calories its getting. Anything over the amount it thinks it needs, the body might simply store for future use, like on those days you don't work out yet still eat 1300 calories.

This is not an argument about whether to eat your exercise calories or not. It's about not netting below a healthy level of fuel for your body.

Q, you're spot on, as usual.