Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Quick, Easy, SNACKS NEEDED!

I am allowed 1400 calroies a day, based upon the fact that I want to lose 1lb a week. I am finding myself going out of my mind, obsessing over wanting to snack. I have added in what I will have for dinner, and I am only allowed about 250 more calories for snacking today. Does anyone have quick, easy, snack ideas?

Please help!
Trying to avoid those frozen resses bars in the freezer!

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Things high in fiber and/or protein will be most filling. Fiber bars, whole grain crackers with cheese, hard boiled eggs, nuts.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Umm. I don't know what you like. An apple is about 80- calories, yogurt around 100-150. Low fat cheese stick about 60. Laughing Cow cheese wedge is 35 calories. Veggies are generally fewer. The question is, what do YOU want to eat?
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Almonds (100 cal packs are great); string cheese; Greek yogurt; protein bars; a piece of deli turkey; banana or apple with 1 TBSP peanut butter.... :)
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    dried fruits
    almonds
    hummus and veggies
    special k bars
    yogart
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    BLUE DIAMOND ALMONDS- WASABI AND SOY SAUCE
    28 ALMONDS IS 170 CALS AND IM STUFFED AFTER EATING THAT MANY!
  • BLUE DIAMOND ALMONDS- WASABI AND SOY SAUCE
    28 ALMONDS IS 170 CALS AND IM STUFFED AFTER EATING THAT MANY!
    Nuts are a very good snack
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Veggies and hummus are a great snack, just make sure you keep a single portion of hummus as some brands are a bit high in calories. To help w/ my snack cravings at work, I try to split up my lunch so it's a bit like a snack, but the same amount of calories. Ex... I'll bring a frozen meal and a salad for lunch... I'll eat the dinner, then a couple hours later the salad. It helps me.
  • Peanut Butter on a wasa cracker! Yummy-tastic
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Baby carrots, granny smith apple, nuts, cucumbers, other "crunchy" wholesome foods that give you a big nutritional "bang" for your caloric buck.
  • I love the 100 calorie popcorns! I believe Orville redenbacher is the brand I get- they do 100 calorie bags of butter or kettle corn. Pop those babies in the microwave and you have a nice snack that isn't gone in 2 bites! it isn't the most nutritional in comparison to your fruits and veggies- but it is a nice change! Good luck!
  • reneetollison
    reneetollison Posts: 6 Member
    Fruits and veggies should definitely be your first choice. But when you just gotta have that salty crunchy "chip," try Special K Cracker Chips (30 chips for 110 calories).
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    Celery is a negative calorie food (your body burns more calories digesting celery, than it contains), add a little peanut butter and it's yummy.
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    now i KNOW I will get shot by the nutrition folks out there but when I was struggling with the "empty tummy" syndrome in the beginning (because my stomach was so stretched) I at sugar free jello and fat free cool whip (two horrible foods for you but completely low cal) and also still eat a 80 cal tortilla with a smear of cream cheese (i used onion and chive flavored) and a sprinkle of mozzerella rolled up ends up like 120 cals or less so its kinda good too :) and fillin
  • Celery is a negative calorie food (your body burns more calories digesting celery, than it contains), add a little peanut butter and it's yummy.

I did not know this..thanks for the tip!
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    And if you really need a sweet thing and the healthy stuff isn't cutting it, a Skinny Cow Truffle bar always hits the spot for me :smile:
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    My Favorite !!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    cottage cheese on wasa crackers is yummy, too. add a little pepper
  • I love the 100 calorie popcorns! I believe Orville redenbacher is the brand I get- they do 100 calorie bags of butter or kettle corn. Pop those babies in the microwave and you have a nice snack that isn't gone in 2 bites! it isn't the most nutritional in comparison to your fruits and veggies- but it is a nice change! Good luck!

Just bought a massive box of the kettle corn ones. OH SO GOOD! :)
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    bump
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    I love my own microwave popcorn. Put 1/4 c. unpopped corn into a paper bag. Add 1/2 teas. oil, fold over the top of the bag twice and put in the microwave for 1:30 - 1:70 minutes. Be careful when you open the bag it's hot. It's important to use bags that aren't recycled because they contain too many metals. It's a great snack and doesn't have the BPA's that store bought microwave popcorn has.

9089195.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter